Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at radio/charger and now it's not available. Does anyone know of a comparable radio that is freely available at a similar price. The one cool thing about it is it has cell phone charges included.

·
Red White and Blue
6,473 Posts
I wonder how useful a cell phone would be if the s hits the f. not being sarcastic, just wondering.
I has hand-held cb and ham unit (yes I'm licensed). I got AA bttys and can use those solar yard lights to charge the bttys, at least for a while.
I understand, half of Africa has cell phone but no land line.
wonder if Camp Fema will have aerial cell relays? would be a good job for a blimp.

Reactions: 9MMare

·
Banned
398 Posts

·
Mentally lost....
809 Posts
Gonna go with the Eton 160. I have and use one, a full minute of cranking gives it enough juice to power the radio for around 4 hours.

To charge a phone, you crank the minute, then once in a while crank a few times to ensure the charge light stays on.

I've also dropped it a few times from 3-4 feet. Its durable, i can attest to that.

·
guns-a-blazin'
239 Posts
I purchased one of these a while back. I haven't spent much time behind the crank but I checked it out pretty good and it works great but sad to say no cell charger. But I have a power inverter for that anyway.

Browser URL:
Solar Dynamo Crank AM / FM / Weatherband Radio

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I just bought this little rascal today. From my research, it's supposed to receive stations well (sound is not a consideration) and has several ways to charge the batteries. I'll take it easy on the hand-crank and let you know what I think. It should arrive this week.

Amazon.com: Kaito Voyager Pro KA600 Digital Solar/Dynamo AM/FM/LW/SW & NOAA Weather Emergency Radio with Alert & RDS, Silver: Electronics
I have The KA600 and so far it seems to be a good radio.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I shall warn you that if you check the reviews online most if not all of them just plainly suck. They are made cheaply and don't last.

·
Right Handed
1,371 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts