Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Road Trip!!!
850 Posts
A bought a similar one for $5 at walmart without the crank. I like mine. These look good and the reviews on the site are good. I think I may get some.

Use this code and get $10.00 off an order $99 or more.

SG1607

BIH

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,428 Posts
The reviews on the lights are pretty good. I have heard iffy reviews of Sportsman's Guide, but these lights look ok

·
Registered
268 Posts
Reviews on SG are ALWAYS good because they don't post any of the bad ones on their site. The reviews get checked before they are posted.

As for the lanterns...I bought them and a friend of mine did as well. We both had one bad lantern out of the three and had to call for a replacement. These lanterns are much smaller than they look in the photo but do a decent job. I do not keep any batteries in them and just use them with the crank to charge the internal batteries. BTW...they let you keep the bad one so I ripped it apart to see how is put together and will use the parts for things. The bad one did work but barely...you could crank the hell out of it and it would be very dim and only last a couple of minutes...plus the led's weren't right on it either.

·
Vote 3rd party!
900 Posts
I actually purchased these and used them last year. I was astounded as to how long they actually emitted light after a good cranking. They do not put out a lot of light but they worked fine in the boonies of outdoor Northern Wisconsin. I can't say anything as to their life span as I haven't used them that much. I will say that I would recommend them for the small $$ investment.

Hope that helps....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts