·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
503 Posts
For a site called "fact" check this seems like speculation;

There’s no reason to believe that a vaccination would cause Guillain-Barre syndrome. GBS was associated with several hundred flu vaccinations in 1976, but there’s been no evidence of an association since then, despite close monitoring.
Especially when the inserts probably have warnings about possible GBS.

Haha they even contradict it further down the page;

People who have previously contracted Guillain-Barre syndrome within six weeks of a vaccination shouldn’t get the vaccine.
For instance, we’ve heard from people concerned about the vaccine containing thimerosal, a preservative that contains mercury and that has long been the subject of suspicion without a lot of scientific support. FDA regulations prevent adding thimerosal to primarily pediatric vaccines. The H1N1 vaccine is not specifically formulated for children, and the multidose version – but not the single-dose version – does contain thimerosal. However, the CDC stresses that even flu vaccines with thimerosal should pose no danger to children.
Wait, what?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Wait, what?
Haven't you heard? Injecting chemicals into kids is all the rage! Money hungry Big Pharma and the gov't have your kid's best interest at heart-they wouldn't *dare* do anything to poison your precious babies. Just line up and and keep your opinions to yourself. You have no idea what you are talking about! :thumb:

:rolleyes:

·
4 Fried Chickens & A Coke
2,679 Posts
Facts? You mean more propaganda?

Some have accused thimerosal of causing developmental disorders in children, but scientific evidence doesn’t support this.
:headshake:

100 Americans die each year due to lightning strikes
Is there a chemically laced vaccine for that?

Remember, most Doctors recommend Lucky Strikes for throat protection

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
At 7 years old I was mass vaccinated in 1976 for that flu scare. I don't know if it was the H1N1 variant or not, but I'm still ticking and causing trouble. :)

They did it at school, lined up all the kids one class at a time, and used a spray gun to give an air injection containing the vaccine.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At 7 years old I was mass vaccinated in 1976 for that flu scare. I don't know if it was the H1N1 variant or not, but I'm still ticking and causing trouble. :)

They did it at school, lined up all the kids one class at a time, and used a spray gun to give an air injection containing the vaccine.
And we went through similar mass inoculations in the early 60's for polio, etc. I still remember those air guns. I'm so glad this was done.

Now, unfortunately, in recent years polio and other diseases long-gone are making a modest comeback because parents are NOT getting their kids vaccinated.

·
Padawan
589 Posts
I found at least one error.

The vaccine does not contain squalene, which has been accused – also without good evidence – of causing Gulf War syndrome.
Completely false. The European Medicines Agency preliminary study of side-effects relating to the GlaxoSmithKline Pandemrix vaccine clearly states that the vaccine contains the AS03 adjuvant which includes 10.69mg of squalene.

http://www.emea.europa.eu/humandocs/PDFs/EPAR/pandemrix/emea-combined-h832en.pdf

"Fact" Check is a joke.

·
1,511 Posts
VCGTV said, "Now, unfortunately, in recent years polio and other diseases long-gone are making a modest comeback because parents are NOT getting their kids vaccinated."

You are so correct sir!

These diseases are only a plane ride away...most people seem to forget.

·
Padawan
589 Posts
Now, unfortunately, in recent years polio and other diseases long-gone are making a modest comeback because parents are NOT getting their kids vaccinated.
In Africa they are vaccinating against polio, but there the vaccines are actually spreading polio. But sure, they are getting them from some crappy African company, right? Wrong, they are from Western pharmaceutical companies by UN mandate, subsidized with your tax dollars and euros.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/11/health/11iht-polio.1.7847606.html
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=14813

Oh, and they also had sterilizing agents in them aswell. "Oops. How did that get there?"

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2004/mar/04031101.html

·
1,511 Posts
Japan reduced pertussis vaccinations, and an epidemic occurred.
In 1974, Japan had a successful pertussis (whooping cough) vaccination program, with nearly 80% of Japanese children vaccinated. That year only 393 cases of pertussis were reported in the entire country, and there were no deaths from pertussis. But then rumors began to spread that pertussis vaccination was no longer needed and that the vaccine was not safe, and by 1976 only 10% of infants were getting vaccinated. In 1979 Japan suffered a major pertussis epidemic, with more than 13,000 cases of whooping cough and 41 deaths. In 1981 the government began vaccinating with acellular pertussis vaccine, and the number of pertussis cases dropped again.

What if we stopped vaccinating?
So what would happen if we stopped vaccinating here? Diseases that are almost unknown would stage a comeback. Before long we would see epidemics of diseases that are nearly under control today. More children would get sick and more would die.

·
1,511 Posts
CDC and state health officials are concerned about an increase this year in the number of measles cases and outbreaks (three or more linked cases) in the U.S. Measles is a highly contagious disease spread through coughing or sneezing. Symptoms can include rash, high fever, coughing, and runny nose. The disease can also cause more serious problems, such as ear infections, pneumonia, encephalitis (inflammation of the brain)—even death.

From January through July 2008, CDC received reports of 131 measles cases from 15 states and the District of Columbia—the highest year-to-date number since 1996. More than 90% of those infected had not been vaccinated, or their vaccination status was unknown. Many of these individuals were children whose parents chose not to have them vaccinated. Fifteen of the patients, including four infants, were hospitalized.

These cases remind us that it is very important to vaccinate children and adults to protect them against measles. Even though the ongoing transmission of endemic (native) measles was declared eliminated in the U.S. in 2000, the disease is still common in many other countries. Worldwide, 20 million cases of measles still occur each year, and the disease is a significant cause of vaccine-preventable deaths among children. In 2006, about 242,000 children died from the disease

·
Padawan
589 Posts
Japan reduced pertussis vaccinations, and an epidemic occurred.
In 1974, Japan had a successful pertussis (whooping cough) vaccination program, with nearly 80% of Japanese children vaccinated. That year only 393 cases of pertussis were reported in the entire country, and there were no deaths from pertussis. But then rumors began to spread that pertussis vaccination was no longer needed and that the vaccine was not safe, and by 1976 only 10% of infants were getting vaccinated. In 1979 Japan suffered a major pertussis epidemic, with more than 13,000 cases of whooping cough and 41 deaths. In 1981 the government began vaccinating with acellular pertussis vaccine, and the number of pertussis cases dropped again.

What if we stopped vaccinating?
So what would happen if we stopped vaccinating here? Diseases that are almost unknown would stage a comeback. Before long we would see epidemics of diseases that are nearly under control today. More children would get sick and more would die.
Nobody is saying all vaccines are bad. I support vaccines that have been proven to be safe and more or less necessary. But even more than that I support freedom of choice, even if it gets you killed.

People are different. Just like there are people who are allergic to tomatoes and carrots, which are good for your health, there are also people who are more sensitive than others to certain vaccine ingredients and it may have harmful long-term effects on them. I think this should be studied more, and tests should be developed to try to determine which vaccines are safe for what people. Doesn't that sound reasonable?

It's irresponsible to say all vaccines are safe for everyone all the time. That's just ridiculous.

And most vaccine safety studies are rather unreliable because they have been in many cases done by or funded by big pharmaceutical corporations, so the results tend to be a bit skewed. Just like with aspartame, Searle did 30 studies on aspartame and presented the one study that didn't show that much harmful effects from the additive to the FDA so they could approve it. The results of a study largely depend on how you conduct a study.

·
1,511 Posts
did I say all vaccines are safe for everyone? No, I didn't.

s**t happens...and some people do have reactions to them. And of course, the internet goes crazy when we find out about that 1 person who had a major reaction to a vaccine....

·
1,511 Posts
Peanuts are not safe for everyone either....I believe it was 2007 that 17 people died from eating a peanut...milk killed 4..and shrimp killed 2

1 - 20 of 48 Posts