Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
May the Lord be with us
5,784 Posts
I take a beef chili dog smothered in red onions chesse any day of the week.... never have like gyros.
Now wait a minute... Cowboy has upped the ante...

Sniper, you didn't mentioned chopped raw onions and melted cheese as part of the chili dog option... Throw in some good sour pickles and kick a%$ waffle fries and I could be swayed, depending on my mood... :)

·
DEFCON 4
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now wait a minute... Cowboy has upped the ante...

Sniper, you didn't mentioned chopped raw onions and melted cheese as part of the chili dog option... Throw in some good sour pickles and kick a%$ waffle fries and I could be swayed, depending on my mood... :)
ok, my bad. i thought all chili dogs came with onions and cheese.. or at least they should...

·
May the Lord be with us
5,784 Posts
ok, my bad. i thought all chili dogs came with onions and cheese.. or at least they should...
Fair enough, Sniper...

and Cowboy... the taste and quality of gyros varies greatly... If done right, where the pita bread is grilled after a light coating in olive oil so the outside is a bit crispy while the inside is soft like fresh baked dough, with the right Greek Salad dressing and subtly spiced beef, chopped red onions, diced tomatoes, romaine, good feta, and tzatziki (a really great sour cream and Greek Yogurt Dressing with herbs... these can be really great too...

·
DEFCON 4
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fair enough, Sniper...

and Cowboy... the taste and quality of gyros varies greatly... If done right, where the pita bread is grilled after a light coating in olive oil so the outside is a bit crispy while the inside is soft like fresh baked dough, with the right Greek Salad dressing and subtly spiced beef, chopped red onions, diced tomatoes, romaine, good feta, and tzatziki (a really great sour cream and Greek Yogurt Dressing with herbs... these can be really great too...
absolute nirvana!!!!

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
Fair enough, Sniper...

sounds great, but here in Boise..I have yet to come across any place that makes a good one... but I would be willing to take a good gamble on it...

Going to Seattle next week for a couple of days... so I will ask around over there and see what I can find...
Then I will let you know what i think of a good gyro... hope I can find a place near the county jails... gotta extradite an idiot back to boise for trial... :cool:

·
May the Lord be with us
5,784 Posts
Blasphemy!!! A true Gyro will have lamb meat, veggies, black olives and a cucumber sauce.......Chili dog, well, apples and oranges.
Now hold on LGR....

No blasphemy here...

#1 - I added the black olives (see post #2).
#2 - Agreed again, all gyro meat is lamb based...
#3 - The Greek name for the Cucumber Sauce is Tzatziki... and it rocks...

Gentlemen... I think we are all in agreement... :)

·
Really?
16,125 Posts
Now hold on LGR....

No blasphemy here...

#1 - I added the black olives (see post #2).
#2 - Agreed again, all gyro meat is lamb based...
#3 - The Greek name for the Cucumber Sauce is Tzatziki... and it rocks...

Gentlemen... I think we are all in agreement... :)
Sorry, I saw the word "beef" and went berserker........it's my heritage.......I'm calm now.:D:...btw, Tzatziki sounds Japanese......

·
May the Lord be with us
5,784 Posts
sounds great, but here in Boise..I have yet to come across any place that makes a good one... but I would be willing to take a good gamble on it...

Going to Seattle next week for a couple of days... so I will ask around over there and see what I can find...
Then I will let you know what i think of a good gyro... hope I can find a place near the county jails... gotta extradite an idiot back to boise for trial... :cool:
Seattle has a lot of good ethnic food enclaves. Make sure you go to a real Greek or Lebanese Place for a Gyro... and by golly, whatever you do... don't share any with the Perp... :D:

·
Really?
16,125 Posts
Seattle has a lot of good ethnic food enclaves. Make sure you go to a real Greek or Lebanese Place for a Gyro... and by golly, whatever you do... don't share any with the Perp... :D:
Well, a good sign is, they say "Gyros" on the sign and you see a whole lamb on a spit and Greeks actually run the place.............even in Central Florida, we had a Greek family who had a Greek food place...........we'd get Gyros( pronounced heros- roll the "r") and Greek salads every week, on our way to the small animal auction.

·
Believe in Yourself
4,495 Posts
Fair enough, Sniper...

Throw in a side of hummus with hot chili sauce, pita, and falafel...
Yep, thanks!
Dinner for tomorrow in a done deal...

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.