Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to admit it, but I have a problem:

I am addicted to buying Moraknivs.

Found a guy on Ebay who is located near Dallas. There was a problem with an order and he went out of his way to make it right. One of his knives had the wrong Morakniv model number in the description, so he sent me a free knife.

Please visit his store page - https://www.ebay.com/usr/mavericktradingpost

It started with the a Basic 511, then a Basic 546, the finally a 746.

I wish the 746 had a MOLLE sheath. Chances are I will rig something up so it can be mounted to a mil surplus pack.

The green Basic 511 hooks on the MOLLE webbing on my patrol pack, and I have to admit, the knife is pretty cool.

Full Disclosure

Some of you may be saying, "Kevin, that is a sales pitch." Nope, not at all. I have no vested interest in Maverick Trading Post. The honest truth is, I am happy with the service I received and wanted to share it with others.

The other things I like to collect are seeds. That's right, garden seeds. I get a warm fuzzy feeling when going through my seed collection.

Hopefully in the spring of 2019 I will be able to plant a nice sized garden or potatoes, corn, peas, beans, peppers... etc.

In the deep freezer is a storage tub full of seeds, and a second one half full. One of my goals for 2019 is to fill the second tub completely full of seeds. However, first I have to take inventory and figure out what I need.

What Are Your Addictions?

The first step is admitting you have a problem. Its ok though, you are with friends.

No judgement here.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Curious. I don’t know a lot about this style knife. I looked at the page and they look like good knives at a good price.

Any negative comments?

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Curious. I don’t know a lot about this style knife. I looked at the page and they look like good knives at a good price.

Any negative comments?
Morakniv?

So far I am happy with them, but my experience is limited.

spring 2019 I will get some field time with them. Weather has been too wet and cold to do much of anything.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
start with "Hello, my name is Kev and I am a knifeaholic and seedaholic."

Unfortunately, they are rather radically different. You may have to join/start two separate organizations. Let me know when and where the seed one meets.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts

·
In Memory
10,934 Posts

I am addicted to buying Moraknivs. .
Kev, we all have our quirks.

I collect "lighters" & have about a wheelbarrow load of them.
Along with flints, wicks, cases, fuel & repair parts.

So far so good though, as my collection has paid for itself, selling RARE ones I bought cheap.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Mora's are absolutely amazing for the price! You can process a whole deer without having to sharpen one. That's pretty darn impressive for a sub $10 knife. And yes, I have a lot of them!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I try and am successful in avoiding spending addictions. When one feels compelled to hand over money to someone else in order to obtain items they do not need, well, I don't want to use derogatory terms but that's bad. I'm not saying a small collection of something is bad, let's say 8 or 9...but when you have 20, 50, 100, or more, the seller has successfully duped you.

I had a friend from Russia make the comment, "You Americans always have to "collect" something."
I asked him, so, you don't collect anything?
He said, 'only $100 bills, my friend.'

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I have a few mora knifes. I used them to butcher chickens, then i bought a victorknox kitchen knife and never touched the mora. Get a real knife if your cutting food. If your cutting wood get a hatchet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a few mora knifes. I used them to butcher chickens, then i bought a victorknox kitchen knife and never touched the mora. Get a real knife if your cutting food. If your cutting wood get a hatchet.
Buying a victorinox knife made processing animals much more fun.

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
24,139 Posts

I am addicted to buying Moraknivs.

Found a guy on Ebay who is located near Dallas. There was a problem with an order and he went out of his way to make it right. One of his knives had the wrong Morakniv model number in the description, so he sent me a free knife.

Please visit his store page - https://www.ebay.com/usr/mavericktradingpost

It started with the a Basic 511, then a Basic 546, the finally a 746.

I wish the 746 had a MOLLE sheath. Chances are I will rig something up so it can be mounted to a mil surplus pack.

The green Basic 511 hooks on the MOLLE webbing on my patrol pack, and I have to admit, the knife is pretty cool.

Full Disclosure

Some of you may be saying, "Kevin, that is a sales pitch." Nope, not at all. I have no vested interest in Maverick Trading Post. The honest truth is, I am happy with the service I received and wanted to share it with others.

The other things I like to collect are seeds. That's right, garden seeds. I get a warm fuzzy feeling when going through my seed collection.

Hopefully in the spring of 2019 I will be able to plant a nice sized garden or potatoes, corn, peas, beans, peppers... etc.

In the deep freezer is a storage tub full of seeds, and a second one half full. One of my goals for 2019 is to fill the second tub completely full of seeds. However, first I have to take inventory and figure out what I need.

What Are Your Addictions?

The first step is admitting you have a problem. Its ok though, you are with friends.

No judgement here.

It’s not a serious problem until you start naming them and talking to them (and thinking they are answering)

I have lots of sharp pointy things but have yet to buy a Mora. Might give them a chance

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
18,037 Posts
Spices.

I am always seeking out new spices, especially those for beans.

·
EdgeCrusher
1,199 Posts
Mora 511's...I have prob 5 or so. Good knife to have around. Between that and the Buck 110, I dont really need anything else. Unless, that is, tacticool is on the menu.

·
Old Reformed Rogue
1,403 Posts
It could be worse. At least your problem is with buying Mora knives and not just all knives in general. Now that's a problem. My problem.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Ordinary Average Guy
1,236 Posts
I have kicked most of my addictions (at least the ones I am willing to talk about here)
Stoves, camping equipment, cheap flashlights, hobby rockets ( I have over 100 in kit form, several in excess of $100) and associated motors, RC boats.

I realized one day that it was all just an excuse to spend $ (some of which I didn't really have to spend at the time)

I have been very depressed / sad ever since.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts