Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SHTF Survivalist
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the forum and didn't find anything on this topic. So I was wondering if anyone else uses their hollowed out gunstock as a last resort survival catch? If so, what do you keep in yours? Here is a video link to mine if you want to check it out.

·
Registered
285 Posts
You can hollow out a gunstock nicely, just make sure you reinforce it with some fiberglass or something, otherwise when you roughly handle your gunstock you have a chance of splitting open the compartment. Make sure you pack some padding into the stock, to limit rattling of the contents. I think that most authorities would be happy with just finding a gun, and wouldn't bother checking under the buttplate unless they had a reason to.

·
Misplaced Texan
163 Posts
Only my AR has a hollowed out butt stock and I keep a cleaning kit as well as batteries and tools for my scope in there.

It is an interesting idea. I just got the new issue of backwoodsman magazine and they have an article in there about just this topic (have not read it yet). I could seen a lot of pros and cons.

·
Wanderer
3,269 Posts
A gunstock is a convenient place to store stuff, but it's still better to keep essentials on your person.
Gunstock storage on my guns is limited to extra ammo and maybe firestarting ferro rods, etc.

·
Desert Rat
131 Posts
Make sure you can unscrew the butt plate to get to the stuff. It'd break your heart to have to bust your stock on a rock just to get at your goods.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts