Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
infowars.com
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw a post similiar to this but could not find it but i found this and it was very intresting

·
infowars.com
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
October 27, 2008
FEDS REMOVING WEAPONS AND COMMUNICATIONS GEAR FROM NATIONAL GUARD ARMORIES

It has come to my attention that the federal government has been removing weapons and communications gear from National Guard armories throughout the country.

In fact, all "crew serviceable weapons systems" are being removed.

One member of the national guard inquired as to why the weapons were being taken away and he was told "There's a party being planned and you're not invited."

This seems quite ominous to me. Why would our federal government be disarming state governments? The "states" are the only other sovereign entities in this nation. The states created the federal government and, collectively, they can do away with it ---- unless the feds take away that ability.

If the folks in the federal government think they can, by force, reorganize the power structure of this nation, they are in for a rude awakening.

from hal turner show

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
would make sense after my talk with my supervisor tonight. his reserve unit is gearing up and doing some hard core MOUT and live fire training all this week before a deployment to some place they haven't been told. I think we're about out of time. I highly reccommend anyone with magazines to load them now- just in case. I am NOT advocating anything other than being ready.

Myself, I will not fire first.

Reactions: test

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have several friends in the Army/Guard and an armory here in our remote area - will inquire here locally.

Thanks for posting this.

·
TrailBlazer
734 Posts
Great post, very much needed to be heard. Time to heighten the senses and surrouondings even more.:xeye:

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
In the Homeguard our armories were our homes. Difficult to remove without attention if you have to go to every servicemans home and ask for his weapon and ammopack then.

·
American fearmaker
14,245 Posts
It is not unusual for the Department of the Army to frequently change the work status of different military units from time-to-time. Older weapons are removed from a unit and replaced later on with newer versions of weapons. It really happens about every decade or so and the last major overhaul, which is what the troops with their slang call such changes, are used to it in other parts of the nation. Back around 1970 our local NG unit went from being an armored unit (almost all tanks) to a mechanized unit (a unit using tanks, armored personnel carriers and trucks). A few years after that overhaul, in about 1976, this same unit went from mechanized to light infantry. A reserve unit around here has also been an armored unit got overhauled and split into an artillery unit and transportation unit. I've been expecting that the military would be having to overhaul quite a large number of military units across the nation to replace weapons systems from the 1970s and later with the newer systems that use lasers and much more modern computers. I think that our reserve units and NG units will soon be getting brand new, long overdue, state-of-the-art equipment and new work designations. A while back I talked to a CSM and he pointed out that there was a critical need for the reserves and NG units to increase to a number of more technically complex units because the active army needs the help especially with modern issues like hazardous material handling, chemical warfare units and so on. To me it's just another military overhaul of units. Probably about the 5th one I've seen since 1975 or so...

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
just shuffling around to waste time and money

·
American fearmaker
14,245 Posts
When I was with Special Forces and a local NG unit, I did some research into urban or MOUT combat scenarios for some higher ranks. During my research I found out that something like 10 out 12 of the world's most populated cities are all north of the equator. In addition, I found out that urban warfare, as it was known then, is the most time consuming and dangerous type of fighting that there is. A good example of urban combat would be the Battle of Stalingrad in WW2. The officers who I did the research for wanted to know what kind of gear and training units going into heavy urban fighting would need. I gave them all the particulars which I think may have started even more research into this field...

Some of the interesting aspects I found out were:

1. In urban fighting there are 6 directions to consider when fighting. You have the 4 primary compass directions of north, south, east and west plus you also have to remember up and down. A good example of this is imagine yourself on the 4th floor of a building in urban combat. In theory, the enemy can attack you from any or all 6 of the directions I have previously mentioned.
2. A lot of the combat inside of buildings can be handled more effectively and quicker with handguns instead of long barreled rifles. Carbines are okay in general but handguns, especially at close ranges (CQB distances) work better and faster if you use big bore handguns.
3. Communications inside of an urban sprawl area are ALWAYS going to be fouled up. Buildings because of their shape and composition (steel girders,etc.) are going to interfere with radio traffic so either runners will be needed for reporting purposes or a good radio relay system needs to be developed. (Now they have a pretty decent system of radio relays)
4. Our forces need to develop new technology specific for urban warfare situations. One of the things I suggested was that our forces needed make anti-tank/anti-vehicle mines that looked like fallen bricks or other debris. We might even want to consider anti-personnel landmines that also mimic bricks and fallen debris to enhance our troops defense capabilities. I also suggested that PEWS (Platoon Early Warning System) sensors should also look like or mimic debris and fallen bricks.
5. I suggested several other ideas for the military to consider but I'm not sure if they followed up on those or not either. Where I thought that the military might come out ahead was to structure entire units designed and trained, like police SWAT officers, to perform urban combat.

I know that there were a number of us who were called upon to input information to a number of different military officers, some at the Pentagon and some, for the Army, at Ft. Benning, to consider. That's one of the reason why I know that some of our NG and reserve units will be shifting jobs and equipment around. They have GOT to meet the new needs of the Army for future combat situations. If they don't get the new gear, training and new job assignments down pat, our nation is going to be in a lot of hot water real quick...

·
Banned
317 Posts
Please keep us updated.........this goes to everyone.......here where I am at we don't even have the Micky Mouse club.........why hell, this is a Micky Mouse of a town.

·
Never compromise.
5,674 Posts
Spent some time at the range today with my best friend doing some carbine work. He is slated for an overseas deployment after the first of the year. (Not going into details for opsec)

Anyway, I told him that I'd been seeing internet stories about this so called phantom brigade being assigned to "NORTHCOM" for possible action inside the US related to civil disturbances. He said that he had heard the same thing from other soldiers, but no one could prove it. He did say that there is always one brigade ready for immediate deployment stationed in the US. If it is ONLY for civil disturbances, that he didn't know. He seemed to be under the impression that it was more of an "anywhere, anytime" strike force.

This info, tho it isn't much, I would take to the bank. I do, and as a matter of fact have, trusted my best friend with my life. I know he's giving me the straight skinny as he knows it. Just my 02 worth.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
i remember training in the army that urban warfare training ..the trainer said there is no way that you could try and find a way in a building without some seeing your team getting into the building without some hearing or seeing go into the building

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
i trained a lot with cqb pistol training inside the rooms ...with a daypack filled with extras pistol mags and ammo along food and some odds and ends for use with urban warfare training along with a lot of handgrenades for extras use as need
the rifle was used as need plus shotguns where a used as need in room clearing
the thing that got me most was the 360.all around room fighting

1 - 18 of 18 Posts