Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guns from 'Fast and Furious' Found at Mex. Crime Scenes

WASHINGTON — At least 122 weapons used to commit crimes in Mexixo have been linked to Operation Fast and Furious, the botched ATF effort to track weapons sold to gunrunners, according to a Congressional report expected to be released Tuesday.

The New York Times reports that details of Congressional investigators' findings show that on 48 occasions between 2009 and 2011 Mexican authorities found weapons from the U.S. operation. The newspaper quotes emails from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

The ATF was responsible for the operation. The report was compiled by the staffs of Representative Darrell Issa of California and Senator Charles E. Grassley of Iowa, the two Republicans leading the investigation, the Times reports.

“The faulty design of Operation Fast and Furious led to tragic consequences,” the report concludes. “Countless United States and Mexican citizens suffered as a result.”

The findings also detail the death of the brother of a Mexican law enforcement official and several shootouts involving Mexican police helicopters, that purport to have ties to Fast and Furious guns. However, those incidents have no guns directly linked to the operation.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/op...t/2011/07/26/id/404832?s=al&promo_code=CAFF-1

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,936 Posts
You know how I feel about this type stuff madcritter

But this makes me so darn mad, I can't think of a reply right now!

You and I both know why the DOJ, ATF and Obama's buddies are doing this and I don't like it one bit.......They are playing us for fools!

·
Registered
7,138 Posts
ATF began Project Gunrunner as a pilot project in Laredo, Texas, in 2005 and expanded it as a national initiative in 2006. Project Gunrunner is also part of the Department’s broader Southwest Border Initiative, which seeks to reduce cross-border drug and firearms trafficking and the high level of violence associated with these activities on both sides of the border.[2]

this was all obama's fault. lol

·
Registered
986 Posts
ATF began Project Gunrunner as a pilot project in Laredo, Texas, in 2005 and expanded it as a national initiative in 2006. Project Gunrunner is also part of the Department’s broader Southwest Border Initiative, which seeks to reduce cross-border drug and firearms trafficking and the high level of violence associated with these activities on both sides of the border.[2]

this was all obama's fault. lol
But this isn't Project Gunrunner, it is Operation Fast and Furious which was started in 2009. So it was during Obama's administration. Operation Gunrunner was under Bush's as well as the Patriot Act. In my opinion, we've been sold out by both parties.

·
Registered
7,138 Posts
But this isn't Project Gunrunner, it is Operation Fast and Furious which was started in 2009. So it was during Obama's administration. Operation Gunrunner was under Bush's as well as the Patriot Act. In my opinion, we've been sold out by both parties.
but it is project gunrunner. LOL. fast and furious fell under gunrunner. but hey thats ok just cause they dont link it in the news programs. lol. and yes we have been. this is why allot of people who fail to look at the big picture will not help this nation. putting on the blinders got us to this place we are in now. and sometimes we have to do things we dont want to do to get past the bad things in live. and it upsets me to no end when people ignore the damage being done by one party and only see the damage done by the other and them complain about it.

ATF Project Gunrunner has a stated official objective to stop the sale and export of guns from the United States into Mexico in order to deny Mexican drug cartels the firearms considered "tools of the trade".[16] However, since September 2009 under Project Gunrunner, operation "Fast and Furious", did the opposite by ATF permitting, encouraging and facilitating 'straw purchase' firearm sales to traffickers, and allowing the guns to 'walk' and be transported to Mexico. This has resulted in the death of US border agent Brian Terry and considerable controversy.

gunrunner allowed fast and furious to happen. this was all reportable to congress. those who have oversite of the ATF. so who has oversite of the justice dept and dept of homeland security? that would be these guys i am sure they got the reports of what was going on. the FBI knew what was going on. when the operation changed it should have been the over site committee's responsibility to ensure it was done properly cause lord knows they approved the funding. wonder if we will hear about how bad these guys and i mean al of these people should be voted out of office. but i bet we only hear calls for the d's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts