Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,
I know someone here will have the answer.....as a selling on gunbroker I have already run into issues with non-paying bidders with no clear resolution on how to solve.

I have had support tickets open for a month now that have gone unresponded to.

Does anybody know a number to call?

HK

·
Registered
240 Posts
I don't know about the selling side of it but I love egunner.com as it's a run by the same people who operate Bud's Gun Shop and they have a rating and feedback system for both buyers and sellers. I've made a couple of purchases there. They take a fee of course but I couldn't tell you what that fee is. Not sure of what recourse you can take for non-payers but I would imagine non-paying buyers get booted off pretty quick. Just a suggestion. You could call me biased, I watch all hickok45's videos lol.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I've tried to recoup commissions a couple of times early on. You have to jump through so many time sensitive hoops it's not worth it...... to me. Like anything else in life, you adapt. After 3 weeks of non-payment, I block them from bidding and send an email asking if there's a problem. Some respond, some don't. The vagaries of the Human Condition become evident. And since feedback on buyers is useless, I don't waste time or potential repercussions on the deadbeats. The biggest problem with GB is the seemingly endless changes they make to the process. From my perspective, the changes are almost always to my detriment. So you contact them hoping to revert policy. IF they bother to respond, it's to infer that it's their game so their ball.

·
MortarMaggot
3,280 Posts
I "won" 2 auctions earlier in the year & there was no way to pay. It was the first time I'd tried using the site in 10+ years, I don't see any reason to try using it again anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From the feel of it....their social media page and support are outsourced....their support is horrible but I will get through it,

Thanks all
HK

·
Registered
977 Posts
I have had a couple of non paying buyers. I reported them and eventually had the sellers fees refunded and credited to me. But it took a while. I am so tired of having to click off the cookies banner and the "join our email list" that I have about stopped looking on there. And every time they "Update" the site it just gets harder to use and less user friendly. I'm going to have a look at that egunner site mentioned in the other post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts