Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lux in Tenebris
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..we had a C&E Gun Show hit Charlotte this weekend, thought I'd go browse this am...

Kinda small, normal stuff, more survivalisit related items than in the past..No food vendors though...

Really wasn't looking to buy anything, unless something really caught my eye, as I am pretty well squared away..

Came across this custom knife make booth, Blind Horse Knives out of Ohio, he had a nice table set up displaying his handmade pieces...Nice fellow, L.T. Wright...We got to talking, and I spied a little knife, Small Tiger Knapp and decided i couldn't live without it...so I bought it, 50.00 with Kydex sheath...My first custom knife...

In addition, he mentioned that Dave Canterberry and he were buds, and Dave used one of his knives in the first season..He was selling signed copies of Daves book, " "Survivalibility for the Common Man, " for 40.00, so i figured, why not, I'm a common man...Not everyday that one would come across this..

So, walked out of there with my knife and book... :D:

I'll carry the knife while fly fishing around my neck, and add the book to my growing library...

They also have a new magazine out, http://www.selfrelianceillustrated.com/

There you go, my prep for the day...

Attachments

·
Registered
Bugging In
1,825 Posts
Nice knife! Looks well made and pretty handy. Sheath, too. Is that a new magazine? I've never seen it around yet. Interesting...

The C&E shows here in Fayetteville are about the same, I guess, but maybe geared a little more towards the military customers with a lot of custom M4/M16 accessories. Never been much of a fan of the platform, but it does have the effect of lowering asking prices on everything else a degree or two.

·
Lux in Tenebris
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good. I'm going today or tomorrow, what were bulk ammo prices like there? I'll check this weekend too.
Can't really say, as i didn't pay much attention to em..There were however, quite a few private manufacturers, selling bulk ammo in ammo cans...

·
Lux in Tenebris
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice knife! Looks well made and pretty handy. Sheath, too. Is that a new magazine? I've never seen it around yet. Interesting...

The C&E shows here in Fayetteville are about the same, I guess, but maybe geared a little more towards the military customers with a lot of custom M4/M16 accessories. Never been much of a fan of the platform, but it does have the effect of lowering asking prices on everything else a degree or two.
Thank you..I am happy with it...Man, there were lots of the AR/m4 platform rigs floating around....Even saw many m14's and other .308 MBR's...

I suspect the show in Fayettenam will be heavily geared towards military....

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Looks like you did good to me. Nice knife, and a book about survival of any kind is always worth picking up. I have Cody's book 98.6. No matter how many survival books I read, there is always something in each one that gives me a little different angle on something. Good job.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
The Greensboro Gun show is coming the last weekend in August.Thats one of the best shows i have ever been too.The Dixie gun and knife show they have down at metrolina is outstanding too.

Reactions: PSYOP Soldier

·
Lux in Tenebris
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Greensboro Gun show is coming the last weekend in August.Thats one of the best shows i have ever been too.The Dixie gun and knife show they have down at metrolina is outstanding too.
The Metrolina is a nicer show, three halls..This one was a single hall..Still not bad...Lots of social/economic deversity, and p2p sales going on....

·
Lux in Tenebris
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like you did good to me. Nice knife, and a book about survival of any kind is always worth picking up. I have Cody's book 98.6. No matter how many survival books I read, there is always something in each one that gives me a little different angle on something. Good job.
I agree, a nugget here and there...Borders is closing, so i might go in and buy Codys book at a discount.... :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts