Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
human
4,430 Posts
Have you ever attended a gun show?

Several years ago I purchased a hand gun at a (out of state) gun show, no paper work, no back ground check, no ID asked for or given. "Cash and Carry"
The seller was a private party, not a fire arms dealer.

Last year a friend purchased a hand gun at a local gun show, also from a private party, no back ground check, no paper work.

There is a gun show loophole, as long as they sell table spaces to private parties/non-dealers people will be able to purchase firearms at gun shows without having to have a back ground check.

I have been to a number of gun shows (in OK,TX,TN,MN,WI and a few others) , and it's not all that uncommon to see visitors/customers walking around the show with signs on their chests/backs saying "for sale...." I'm sure these people are also private parties selling without renting table space or doing back ground checks.

The clown in the video knows it, just chooses not to show the loophole.

·
Apocaloptimist
2,748 Posts

Several years ago I purchased a hand gun at a (out of state) gun show, no paper work, no back ground check, no ID asked for or given. "Cash and Carry"

Last year a friend purchased a hand gun at a local gun show, also from a private party, no back ground check, no paper work.

There is a gun show loophole, as long as they sell table spaces to private parties/non-dealers people will be able to purchase firearms at gun shows without having to have a back ground check.

I have been to a number of gun shows (in OK,TX,TN,MN,WI and a few others) , and it's not all that uncommon to see visitors/customers walking around the show with signs on their chests/backs saying "for sale...." I'm sure these people are also private parties selling without renting table space or doing back ground checks.

This is not a loophole?!?!?!? Only Sellers that have an FFL license and deal with large quantities of firearm sales are required to run the NICS check. A private individual selling his/her private property does not have to do a NICS check. Heck, the individual doesn't even need to ask for ID. Have you ever sold any of your private property on say craigslist or eBay? Did you run a background check on the person buying your property? Nope....same thing. PRIVATE CITIZENS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO ASK FOR ID OR DO A BACKGROUND CHECK FOR PERSONAL FIREARM SALES. A gun show just provides are forum for potential buyer sellers to meet at the same place and time.

·
Banned
46,784 Posts
I thought this thread was gonna be about old women knitting behind the counters ?

There is no gun show loop hole !

Buy a gun "in" a show - you don't get it if the NICS or 4473 doesn't go through :mad:

Buy a gun in the parking lot - go in & do it legally :thumb:

Loop-hole imply's there is a flaw with the law --- there aint --

·
Weed 'em and reap
31,583 Posts

The lack of a background check has nothing to do with the venue, and everything to do with the parties to the transaction.

That is to say, dealers have to run a check, regardless of where they sell, while private parties do not. There is not even a valid legal theory as to how the government could impose such a check, as it was not lent the power to do so in the Constitution.

The people who buy from private parties at gun shows could just as easily buy from private parties at potluck dinners, private residences, police station parking lots, or the national forest. The gun show has nothing to do with why there is no background check.

·
human
4,430 Posts
This is not a loophole?!?!?!? Only Sellers that have an FFL license and deal with large quantities of firearm sales are required to run the NICS check. A private individual selling his/her private property does not have to do a NICS check. Heck, the individual doesn't even need to ask for ID. Have you ever sold any of your private property on say craigslist or eBay? Did you run a background check on the person buying your property? Nope....same thing. PRIVATE CITIZENS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO ASK FOR ID OR DO A BACKGROUND CHECK FOR PERSONAL FIREARM SALES. A gun show just provides are forum for potential buyer sellers to meet at the same place and time.
"this is not a loophole?" ummm yeah, that's what I just said.

And you are right, gun shows provide a place for sellers and buyers to connect, and in some cases provide the forum for felons or people with mental issues to "get around our gun laws" and purchase weapons.

·
human
4,430 Posts
I thought this thread was gonna be about old women knitting behind the counters ?

Buy a gun "in" a show - you don't get it if the NICS or 4473 doesn't go through :mad:

Buy a gun in the parking lot - go in & do it legally :thumb:

Loop-hole imply's there is a flaw with the law --- there aint --
I guess you missed the part where the parties don't need to step out to the parking lot?

·
human
4,430 Posts
The lack of a background check has nothing to do with the venue, and everything to do with the parties to the transaction.

That is to say, dealers have to run a check, regardless of where they sell, while private parties do not. There is not even a valid legal theory as to how the government could impose such a check, as it was not lent the power to do so in the Constitution.

The people who buy from private parties at gun shows could just as easily buy from private parties at potluck dinners, private residences, police station parking lots, or the national forest. The gun show has nothing to do with why there is no background check.
Really? I didn't know that!

And you are wrong, in that gun shows DO in fact provide a venue for felons, minors and those with mental issues to purchase weapons.

It's those that run these gun shows that can fix this loop hole by verifying that all those renting table space are in fact licensed firearms dealers.

I'm not worried about someone purchasing a gun at a church's chili cook off. People go to them to eat chili, not buy guns.

And a quick note to the mods, I am NOT BEING A PAIN in the A**, I'm simply stating facts that rub some people the wrong way.

Those that are extreme gun right supporters cry foul when there's gun violence. They quickly say that all that is needed is to have our current gun laws enforced, at the same time they it's okay for ANYONE to purchase a firearm at a gun show.

·
I like memes
5,577 Posts
Here in Mexifornia even private guns sales have to take place through a licensed dealer regardless if it's at a show or not. Years ago I sold a .22 rifle to a friend. In order for it to be legal we had to take the gun to a local gun shop,do paperwork,and leave the gun with the dealer for a 10 day period.
See? Since we don't have that loophole here that's why we have hardly any gun crime. Oh wait..

And despite the bleating of our resident DNC agent closing some "loophole" will not effect crime one bit. But of course leftists are too smart to realize it.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I guess you missed the part where the parties don't need to step out to the parking lot?
What difference does it make WHERE you sell your personal property???

In one of the last free states.....Texas.....we can do it almost ANYWHERE!!!

Stop pushing the tired old gun grabber line that its a "Gun Show Loop Hole!!!"

I bet in your world baseball bats shouldn't be sold at baseball games!!!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!

·
I like memes
5,577 Posts
What difference does it make WHERE you sell your personal property???

In one of the last free states.....Texas.....we can do it almost ANYWHERE!!!

Stop pushing the tired old gun grabber line that its a "Gun Show Loop Hole!!!"

I bet in your world baseball bats shouldn't be sold at baseball games!!!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!
Relax. He/she/it is just sticking to the talking points. When you realize what you really dealing with they pretty much can't hide it anymore.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Here in Virginia it's the same thing. It's my personal property and it's my responsibility to make sure that I'm not selling a gun to anyone who can't legally own one. There is no loophole if it's legal.

·
human
4,430 Posts
Here in Virginia it's the same thing. It's my personal property and it's my responsibility to make sure that I'm not selling a gun to anyone who can't legally own one. There is no loophole if it's legal.
So you're performing a back ground check. Like you said, legal, no loophole.

Certainly nothing to do with the "gun show loophole" that people talk about.

·
Most Thankful Guy here
38,965 Posts
Excuse me, but shouldn't you have said "yes"?

If they can't pass a background check then their best bet would be.... To make their purchases at gun shows. Using those loopholes to bypass our gun laws.
Apparently you are confused about gun purchasing requirements. Therefore, you are confused about what you are talking about.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.