Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the show yesterday [feminine wiles can gain one much, I might add] and I queried a dealer if, in his observation, this crowd seemed different from crowds of the past,

"Oh yeah. Alot of people [motioning to me, in example] are buying guns that you would not normally associate with hunting."

I believe that others here, have posted similar things.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Do you think that maybe a better indicator of which way the vote may go ??? hhhmmmmm

·
Registered
67 Posts
I also went to a gun show yesterday and picked up a new remington 870 shotgun. I noticed the increased crowds. I was talking with a dealer and he mentioned that the next show will be right after the elections and he expects unbelievable crowds as people wake up to where gun laws are headed. I expect he is right. They do several classes in the back for ccw and they were absolutely packed. Our state is backlogged big time as people rush to get their ccw ASAP.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think that maybe a better indicator of which way the vote may go ??? hhhmmmmm
Good morning to you, sir! :)

Additionally, I commented in response to his that many are concerned about Obama and that it appears that he might win the election.

He shook his head and said,

"It doesn't look good."

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
ive also noticed a lot of traffic at the corner gun store. The handguns and 'military' rfiles seem to be flying off the shelves. I've never seen so many empty spaces on a rack or jewel case before.

Reactions: test

·
Registered
346 Posts
I beleive in being prepared but those who wait on firearms and ammo wil find something on the black market.
If after all these years of "The war on drugs " you can still buy dope on many stret corners I don't think firearms will be impossable to get.
The local gun shows seem to be carrying more black guns and tactical type equipment.
If Omama wins this election it will be when not if he trys to take guns, out of his own mouth he has stated over and over his dislike and plan to remove most firearms from all but military and police and a democratic house will make sure it happens.

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
I think that our current economic conditions are just as big a factor as a new administration. Gun control will NOT be an issue until we have another Columbine/ Virginia tech type incident,at which point the general public will overreact and demand gun legislation from their elected officials. I have found that gunshow vendors are overpriced, you may get a deal from someone bringing a gun to the show to sell ,but not from a vendor in my experiences.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I've noticed alot more people at gun shows here than usual.I've see alot more mil surplus going out the door.The local gun shop has been busier than normal.He said alot of people are coming in to buy handcannons and AR's.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I beleive in being prepared but those who wait on firearms and ammo wil find something on the black market.
If after all these years of "The war on drugs " you can still buy dope on many stret corners I don't think firearms will be impossable to get.
The local gun shows seem to be carrying more black guns and tactical type equipment.
If Omama wins this election it will be when not if he trys to take guns, out of his own mouth he has stated over and over his dislike and plan to remove most firearms from all but military and police and a democratic house will make sure it happens.
Are you kidding [I concur with you]??

Come to Detroit some time, during New Year's Eve and the 4th of July.

It sounds like a battle zone here and we are talking AUTOMATIC weapons.

The black market is in FULL steam and likely will be burgeoning.

·
Angry Libertarian
168 Posts
The whole black market thing is a good argument against some of the less than passionate anti-gunners I've found. Your results may vary.

I'm off to the gunshow next weekend. Unfortunately I was only able to scrounge up a little over $150 to take with me. I'm probably just gonna end up buying a holster and some ammo for the new Bersa Thunder 380 I have on layaway at the local gunshop. Unless a really good deal pops out. I'm not holding my breath though. I didn't see any really good deals the last time this show was in town.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
keep your gats hidden and shut up about them, if only to keep the likelyhood of gun burgulary down. even if somehow allllll our guns went away- criminals would still get them from mexico.

we have a lot of defending to do

Reactions: Andrew1985 and test

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
keep your gats hidden and shut up about them, if only to keep the likelyhood of gun burgulary down. even if somehow allllll our guns went away- criminals would still get them from mexico.

we have a lot of defending to do
Good morning, friend. :)

It occurred to me that, given the seemingly pervasive sense of discontent and frustration with the status quo, that if a 'gun grab' was attempted by the new administration, this might be a sufficient trigger to start something of a revolution.

It is difficult to tell, for there are indeed, alot of sheeple in this country.

This, I hasten to add, is not something which that I wish for, but it could transpire.

Alot of people are seemingly fed up.

·
Angry Libertarian
168 Posts
Good morning, friend. :)

It occurred to me that, given the seemingly pervasive sense of discontent and frustration with the status quo, that if a 'gun grab' was attempted by the new administration, this might be a sufficient trigger to start something of a revolution.

It is difficult to tell, for there are indeed, alot of sheeple in this country.

This, I hasten to add, is not something which that I wish for, but it could transpire.

Alot of people are seemingly fed up.
The feeling is definitely in the air. But unfortunately there are a lot of sheeple. But not all sheeple think the same, if you catch my drift. Mob mentality can work both ways.

·
Registered
346 Posts
If the gun grab happens they will not send the keystone cops but the real bully boys. As the story goes many US military and LEOs have stated that they would not fire on americans just to confiscate firearms whoever IMHO some UN trops from some place that already doesn't like us would have no compulsion.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
A gun grab would end in violence. Instead what I think they plan to do is legislate this issue to death. Ammo taxes and ending the import of ammo along with maximum amounts you can purchase and even a license to buy ammo. They can get away with it cause they are not taking your gun, your 2nd Amendment right is there and intact. The same people that want your guns are the same ones who want to control the world. They own the banking system now and just wait till they con us into a new currency. I.D./debit card for all. Don't wanna give up that gun? Your account is frozen and can't buy anything. Maybe it's that whole mark of the Beast thing coming true. So what I'm saying is if you don't see legislation banning your guns don't let your guard down cause they are sneaking up behind you with something just as bad.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
No one is going to take away hunting rifles or hunting.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts