Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a gun range this last week in Nevada on a Thursday afternoon and the place was packed. Many of the men and women were older in their 40's, 50's, and 60's. There were also a lot more women at the gun range than I have ever seen before. I am a woman who learned to shoot seven years ago, and the norm is I am the lone woman at the range. Apparently, people are taking the current situation in the U.S. seriously. Good to see both men and women preparing to defend their family and the USA.
I also see the Left moving against the gun ranges. I say we follow their lead and state, "Gun ranges are considered safe spaces for conservatives". 馃槉

Premium Member
I have always been a fan of teaching anyone who is willing to learn about gun safety and how to safely handle a firearm.
I have several life long friends that were indifferent or against guns until recently. We would always agree to disagree but I would always offer to take them shooting or give them advice if they ever changed their mind. In the last year quite a few of them have become firearms owners. The most surprising one is a music artist and Berkeley alum that I have known for 30yrs. I about fell off my chair when he facetimed me asking about what mag extension and ammo to get for the 870 he bought. I'm getting him in touch with a family member who teaches courses at a range about an hour away from him. He is all about it.

Registered
I have several life long friends that were indifferent or against guns until recently. We would always agree to disagree but I would always offer to take them shooting or give them advice if they ever changed their mind. In the last year quite a few of them have become firearms owners. The most surprising one is a music artist and Berkeley alum that I have known for 30yrs. I about fell off my chair when he facetimed me asking about what mag extension and ammo to get for the 870 he bought. I'm getting him in touch with a family member who teaches courses at a range about an hour away from him. He is all about it.
I鈥檓 glad that he is educating himself!

Registered
one thing I don't think gets brought up much, is we all know there are tons of new gun owners and all that, but - I wonder how much old equipment has come out of closets and been to the range after years of not being used?

Registered
For over a year I鈥榲e been seeing men take their teenage daughter shooting. Great. Also there is a large (and I mean large) group of women that shoot under the name of AWA. Thats Armed Women of America.
Armed and, ah, female .... Not that there鈥檚 anything wrong with that. :D

Well, unless it鈥檚 armed, female ... and PMS.

Then it鈥檚 best to suit up in body armor.

馃憜 :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :love:

Adventurer
With the Deep State ramping up their agenda, you can bet they will be getting their mass shooting on.

Probably a good idea to carry a mid to full sized pistol over those mouse guns right now鈥︹ Be sure to carry a few reloads too.

Over and Out
...I鈥榲e been seeing men take their teenage daughter shooting. Great....
H-E Double-L to the Y-E-S.. (y) I no longer worry about 'keeping the pesky Boys away' - they won't get within 550.. :devilish: :geek:

...Good to see both men and women preparing to defend their family...
..Amen, and I'll 'preach it by-Posting it', yet Again... 'Old account', yes, but.. Never more relevant than Now, imo...

..Amen, Susan, Amen.. (..and ya even get a pass for saying 'clips' ;)

jd

Registered
I have always been a fan of teaching anyone who is willing to learn about gun safety and how to safely handle a firearm.
I have a friend who amazingly, even now, has no interest whatsoever in guns and has never owned one in his entire life. I keep inviting him to the range to shoot mine for free, raggin' on him for having none, etc, but no dice. And he's a naturally good shot as well, but hasn't fired a gun in probably 10+ years! o_O

He jokes that if the SHTF he'll borrow one of mine. My response is, yeah, I'll RENT or SELL one to you at that point, and neither option will be cheap.

Dirt Dweller
I have a friend who amazingly, even now, has no interest whatsoever in guns and has never owned one in his entire life. I keep inviting him to the range to shoot mine for free, raggin' on him for having none, etc, but no dice. And he's a naturally good shot as well, but hasn't fired a gun in probably 10+ years! o_O

He jokes that if the SHTF he'll borrow one of mine. My response is, yeah, I'll RENT or SELL one to you at that point, and neither option will be cheap.
Is your friend a prepper?

Registered
I finally convinced my brother to buy a pistol not too long ago. I think I scared him straight 馃槀 I told him that with civil unrest and the previous gun/ammo shortage, he鈥檇 be screwed if he didn鈥檛 have any means to protect his family. Better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts