Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Illinois

Votes: 6 9.4%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ryding Free...
6,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering which state people feel has the strictest gun laws / control.

I can only list ten states (which typically score lowest for gun freedom) so here they are:

New York (State)

New Jersey

California

Hawaii

Connecticut

Maryland

Massachusetts

Delaware

Rhode Island

Illinois

·
Tested in the Wilderness
6,547 Posts
For me personally, I think Colorado has the toughest gun control, now that the liberal governor has okayed everything that the new lawmakers have asked for this past year. And since I was born and raised here and seen Colorado changing from one of the most free states to a nanny state, similar to Californica and other people's republics.

And just one more out of many reasons I am trying to move permanently to Wyoming, onto my mtn retreat / homestead and let Colorado get more and more laws, rules, regulations and filled with more and more controlling people who seem to live only to control the lives of others.

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
I'm not familiar enough with 50 sets of complicated regulations to judge the worst of the worst. I do however know enough to understand I wouldn't want to live in any on the list.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
According to this state freedom ranking*, the worst states are:

40. Minnesota
41. Michigan
42. Connecticut
43. Rhode Island
44. Maryland
45. Illinois
46. New Jersey
47. Hawaii
48. New York
49. Massachusetts
50. California

Brady Campaign webpage (use the enemy's tools against them);

RANK STATE

1 CALIFORNIA
2 NEW JERSEY
3 MASSACHUSETTS
4 NEW YORK
5 CONNECTICUT
6 HAWAII

Open carry dot org has a mix of rankings; age, method restriction, registration, etc.

Ultimately, it's up to you to do the research and find what state fits you best. That's something that bothers me a great deal; some of the best states for gun rights are among the worst when it comes to property rights, tax burden, and other personal and financial freedoms.

*Use the drop menu to select different criteria; gun control, homeschooling, victimless crime, etc.

·
Bad Samaritan
523 Posts
In my limited knowledge of states other than mines gun laws, I am gonna go with California. I hear of more laws that make me wonder wtf thinking from there.

And I hear to even own a gun you have to go down on Feinstien:eek:

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
According to this state freedom ranking*, the worst states are:

40. Minnesota
41. Michigan
42. Connecticut
43. Rhode Island
44. Maryland
45. Illinois
46. New Jersey
47. Hawaii
48. New York
49. Massachusetts
50. California

Brady Campaign webpage (use the enemy's tools against them);

RANK STATE

1 CALIFORNIA
2 NEW JERSEY
3 MASSACHUSETTS
4 NEW YORK
5 CONNECTICUT
6 HAWAII

Open carry dot org has a mix of rankings; age, method restriction, registration, etc.

Ultimately, it's up to you to do the research and find what state fits you best. That's something that bothers me a great deal; some of the best states for gun rights are among the worst when it comes to property rights, tax burden, and other personal and financial freedoms.

*Use the drop menu to select different criteria; gun control, homeschooling, victimless crime, etc.
I have some sympathy for gun control. But I have to note that one of my good friend's husband died at the hand of Byron Uesugi despite all of those
gun laws. My faith in those gun laws is pretty limited.

I also understand that police like to work here because they feel it is a lot safer than in many places.

I am for registration but I have doubts that the other stuff will do much good. I also believe it should be a lot easier to have a concealed weapon permit than they do now. I also believe that larger magazine capacity in magazines (30 rounds work for me) are appropriate.

·
Registered
140 Posts
strange Minnesota is #40. They are a "shall issue" carry state, but then again you do have to beg the County Sheriff for a permit to purchase a pistol if you don't have a carry permit. Also in MN you have to take the permit carry class every 5 years all over again and no other state does that. On second thought.. MN is the California of the Midwest.
Why is it though that the bluest states are often the most violent, but most restrictive on firearm ownership, yet two males can marry each other:upsidedown: or marijuana use is ok. Not that I'm against the later two, but they are not protected by a 200+ year document called The Constitution like firearms are, yet .......nevermind:xeye:

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Alex, I'll take Pinko Commie Bastards for six hundred.

In my limited knowledge of states other than mines gun laws, I am gonna go with California. I hear of more laws that make me wonder wtf thinking from there.

And I hear to even own a gun you have to go down on Feinstien:eek:
What are things that make your skin crawl:xeye:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts