Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband had a visitor call the other day.
I said to him"We havent seen John for a long while, must be coming up to his gun licence renewal"
Sure enough, he wanted my husband to write a letter ,like many men do in our district , stating they shoot on our property,so they can keep their firearms licence,and renew it.
With the current forms to be filled to be licenced, and the questions, as to whether the owner has had a criminal history, psychological breakdown,and to what use would the gun be put to?...many men have opted not to partake of the licencing scheme, thus ,another home is left desolate of protection.
The rumours recently have been, owners of guns will be subjected to a 25hour gun education course that will be compulsery in the issuing of a new licence.
This, of course, was supported by the current police force and government.
Many men, seek these supporting letters from my husband, so they can access a gun to "hunt with"
We are not allowed in our country to keep a gun to protect our children,wives and other family members.
Rather it is more politically correct to be seen as a Hunter,yet even that brings it,s troubles, with the environmentalists staunchly advocating no guns.
Should you,who bravely stand to defend your precious loved ones have to
put up with these types of persuasion(persecutions, some might say)
We did have our rallies, our lobbyists, the Australian Gun Organization was a fierce contender.
NOT strong enough, however,to stop the stroke of a pen,from a so called higher power.

·
just waitin' for it
680 Posts
I feel for you and your people, truly. The means to protect one's self, family, and the "defenseless" is an unalienable right to all men (no gender intended). To remove those means is no less than tyranny and causes those affected to become subjects. No matter what "rules" men may write on the matter, it is not wrong to defy those tyrants in preserving those means for yourself.

-Godspeed

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolfe, 101 Things to Do 'Til the Revolution

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government... But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security"
-From the American Declaration of Independence

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
so are those weapon allowances for shooting wild animals like dingos, or does the government allow you to defend yourself from 2 legged vermin as well?

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
In Australia,
If we defend from the 2 legged vermon, we are liable for prosecution.
In a couple of court cases, the offender has sued the legal gun owner.
for injuries, if he survives.
Either way, the gun owner can face jail time, heavy fines and, loss of license and weapons.
If the traffic police pull you over for a random vehicle check or traffic violation, a data check automatically displays you are a legal gun owner. In some cases vehicles have been searched for this reason.
I have heard, not confirmed, items such as axes, machetees, knives are not to be stored in vehicles. In the bush these are among the essential survival tools.
If you want to transport and use your weapon across state borders, permits are required from the host state, some harder than others. (Unified national gun laws - crap!!!!)
So for the US members, try to learn something from our situation.
Every time there is a mass killing or school shooting in the US, it is just another nail in the coffin for gun ownership.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
WE may be joining you very soon.

My husband had a visitor call the other day.
I said to him"We havent seen John for a long while, must be coming up to his gun licence renewal"
Sure enough, he wanted my husband to write a letter ,like many men do in our district , stating they shoot on our property,so they can keep their firearms licence,and renew it.
With the current forms to be filled to be licenced, and the questions, as to whether the owner has had a criminal history, psychological breakdown,and to what use would the gun be put to?...many men have opted not to partake of the licencing scheme, thus ,another home is left desolate of protection.
The rumours recently have been, owners of guns will be subjected to a 25hour gun education course that will be compulsery in the issuing of a new licence.
This, of course, was supported by the current police force and government.
Many men, seek these supporting letters from my husband, so they can access a gun to "hunt with"
We are not allowed in our country to keep a gun to protect our children,wives and other family members.
Rather it is more politically correct to be seen as a Hunter,yet even that brings it,s troubles, with the environmentalists staunchly advocating no guns.
Should you,who bravely stand to defend your precious loved ones have to
put up with these types of persuasion(persecutions, some might say)
We did have our rallies, our lobbyists, the Australian Gun Organization was a fierce contender.
NOT strong enough, however,to stop the stroke of a pen,from a so called higher power.

It is very sad when I see Trolls on this site say that gun control is not coming. They are nothing but shills for the new left wing government. Obama wears a condom for a rain cap as far as I am concerned.

·
I'll fix it
2,548 Posts
I have relatives in Sydney. I have been there twice. The one thing I noticed when I watched the local news is there were no murders or shootings on the news like in the states. Here there are murders, shootings & armed robberies everyday in almost every city.
The gangs here in Florida run around with AK47's and do drive by shootings.
You may have extreme gun control laws but your crime rate is nothing as compared to the US.
Australia is the first place I'd consider living other than the US.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With the amount of racial tension and immigration to our country,the drug problems and so on ....in comparison to your country,and its population rate, we are alot higher.
We are a cocktail of violence here downunder, ask any policeman from Australia.
Where do your relatives in sydney live, obviously not Redfern.
Come live with us and see the amount of illegal weaponry that is owned in this country due to gun laws.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I have relatives in Sydney. I have been there twice. The one thing I noticed when I watched the local news is there were no murders or shootings on the news like in the states. Here there are murders, shootings & armed robberies everyday in almost every city.
The gangs here in Florida run around with AK47's and do drive by shootings.
You may have extreme gun control laws but your crime rate is nothing as compared to the US.
Australia is the first place I'd consider living other than the US.
then move there,,, troll

·
Bratach Bhan Chlann Aoidh
1,366 Posts
It is in fact true, here in Australia, that when you take a weapon safety course or obtain a weapon licence your name goes on a national register. A Criminal register.
That means that you are automatically a criminal.
Therefore, as Dragon pointed out, when the cops pull you over, they already know how many firearms you own along with all the regular info.

·
I'll fix it
2,548 Posts
With the amount of racial tension and immigration to our country,the drug problems and so on ....in comparison to your country,and its population rate, we are alot higher.
We are a cocktail of violence here downunder, ask any policeman from Australia.
Where do your relatives in sydney live, obviously not Redfern.
Come live with us and see the amount of illegal weaponry that is owned in this country due to gun laws.
They live in Hurlstone Park. I'm just going by my observation which is limit to a couple of weeks each time. I had a great time there. We would take the train to Sydney and shop downtown. I liked the Emperor's Puffs in China Town but you have to be careful not to burn your mouth. There are flocks of Cockatoos in the park, that is really cool. We went to the Taronga Zoo. We also took a trip to Canberra and took a tour of Parliament House. We went all kinds of places, the caverns..I don't remember the name of them.
Australia is a beautiful and awesome place. :thumb:

·
How's it with stains?
283 Posts
They live in Hurlstone Park. I'm just going by my observation which is limit to a couple of weeks each time. I had a great time there. We would take the train to Sydney and shop downtown. I liked the Emperor's Puffs in China Town but you have to be careful not to burn your mouth. There are flocks of Cockatoos in the park, that is really cool. We went to the Taronga Zoo. We also took a trip to Canberra and took a tour of Parliament House. We went all kinds of places, the caverns..I don't remember the name of them.
Australia is a beautiful and awesome place. :thumb:
...except for the gun laws.:xeye:

·
Premium Member
12,360 Posts
a nation and people who fought vailiantly against the japanese in WWII, served in Korea and veitnam/ both gulf wars etc., saddled with a government which shows such distrust for their peoples sacrifices for freedom that they repay with fascisim.......i find the outcome vulgar and disgusting............

1 - 16 of 16 Posts