Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Average Joe
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting notice a truckload of gun-free zones paper on stores in my local town now.

It says on the paper "No Firearms or Weapons allowed"

A bunch of these stores that have them are also in my town, but those don't have them on their doors.

What the heck is going on?

BTW: This is Wilcox County, Alabama for crying out in the middle of no where.

:xeye:

·
Indefatigable
20,307 Posts
My guess is liability issues with their insurance company.

·
Average Joe
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, I was about to go the Piggly Wiggly to get to other items, but I saw the same sign and I left.

Well, they ain't getting no money from me from now on.

·
Registered
415 Posts
So, other than causing the management anger at yourself, what is the penalty? If you happen to have a legal concealed weapon permit,what is a business owner going to be able to do to you if you happen to violate his personal rules? Like other than asking you to leave.....

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Several Quick Kinda Related Thoughts Here

Yep...like already said better before me, I bet it is the insurance industry, (again!) just having their own say so in maximizing liability insurance profits. The other way they could have addressed the situation is to just slightly raise insurance premiums. No...wait....maybe they already HAVE!

What we can do is just politely tell the business's with the signs that we will not do business with them. Be nice. Even smile. But; stick to your guns. Pun intended. The loss in $sales$ may become more than they can spare and the "NO GUNS" signs may go away. And...there may be another way....

It would take a powerful battery of good lawyers and a ton of money to file a class action lawsuit against the insurance industry to stop bashing the Constitution Of The United States. Ah, good luck with that. Not going to happen. The insurance industry has a very powerful lobby indeed. HB of CJ (old coot)

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,136 Posts
My guess is liability issues with their insurance company.
Great. They have much larger pockets and if self protection was explicitly denied by the insurance company, you will see some very large payouts.

·
Banned
46,784 Posts
Aside from court houses and municipal buildings ( whitch isnt anything new ) -- I haven't seen any at all out here --- and I'm looking --

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,676 Posts
In most all cases, it's the cost of the general liability insurance or even being covered at all

Sometimes I'm sure its a political decision but insurance is the driving factor in most all cases

I have to keep latches up high on my gate along with spring load hinges because I have a swimming pool........insurance regs, if I don't, then they can elect not to cover me in the event of a mishap. So I comply.

The store owner can be sued not only by the innocent bystanders but the victims and the criminals adding someone with a gun, the liabilities can become astronomical.

·
Registered
285 Posts
In Texas, there are a bunch of rules that apply to any gun free zone sign, size, color and font of text, placement, size of sign etc., you can't just make a sign and stick it to a window. If the sign doesn't meet the requirements then you can ignore it.
Check Alabama law and see if the signs are even valid, and what the law says about ignoring them.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
It's because of our new open carry law. They say no open carry.

I know Mobile police were saying that even though the Mall had them (I have not seen them), You coulf CC in the mall and that was legal.

You can conceal carry right on in.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts