Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I passed by Lexington today for my last delivery before heading home and had to pop into a local sign making business to get the revised order forms for the next 2 months. It was an eerie feeling as the place is packed with employees and their printers were humming non-stop while the city Itself is relatively quite. I asked if they received a big govt contract to print instructions and signs for the crisis we’re in. They were like “No. we just receive a 1500% increase in demand for Signs such as ‘Gun Free Zone’ and ‘Beware of Dogs’,”. I was like you meant 150% as in 1.5x. They were like they received 15x the normal volume of signs of less-lethal or non-lethal deterrences.

I guess folks do what they can to be safe. I’ll stick with Looters Will Be Shot or Mossberg Security Service homemade signs. The former is banned in some state according to the person I spoke with.

Not sure what’s going on with Kentucky as there are mixed reports and rumors of electronic devices to track citizens as well as apps and cell providers cooperating with govt to track folks to ensure shelter in place rules are followed. I did my last Costco today and now has enough supplies for a year and possibly two if we ration it better.

·
I'M READY!!
4,140 Posts
My favorites are a sign with bullet holes in it saying "We don't call 911" and then theres the always awesome "Trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again"

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
at Fort Devens, MA, the pre trial detention center had a chain link fence with military man sized silhouettes every 20 feet.

I would add distance in yards and a vertical bar indicating drop in big letters on the side facing the house

·
Super Moderator
Trash Remover
3,548 Posts
I passed by Lexington today for my last delivery before heading home and had to pop into a local sign making business to get the revised order forms for the next 2 months. It was an eerie feeling as the place is packed with employees and their printers were humming non-stop while the city Itself is relatively quite. I asked if they received a big govt contract to print instructions and signs for the crisis we’re in. They were like “No. we just receive a 1500% increase in demand for Signs such as ‘Gun Free Zone’ and ‘Beware of Dogs’,”. I was like you meant 150% as in 1.5x. They were like they received 15x the normal volume of signs of less-lethal or non-lethal deterrences.

I guess folks do what they can to be safe. I’ll stick with Looters Will Be Shot or Mossberg Security Service homemade signs. The former is banned in some state according to the person I spoke with.

Not sure what’s going on with Kentucky as there are mixed reports and rumors of electronic devices to track citizens as well as apps and cell providers cooperating with govt to track folks to ensure shelter in place rules are followed. I did my last Costco today and now has enough supplies for a year and possibly two if we ration it better.
This is more funny than some may realize, signs carry no force of law in KY , Open Carry is protected by law & State Constitution so talk about a waste of time & money.

IOW, you can carry anyway and nothing can be done (other than you must leave IF asked- which doesn't really happen IME) you can't be charged with any gun crime regardless FYI

Also keep in mind you cannot judge Ky by Lexington and Louisville, they're much more liberal than the rest of KY by far.

·
SoJer
2,973 Posts
.."Trespassers Will Be Violated".
Excellent. :thumb: ..Our current 'warning' outside the house:

..Feel free to kipe / use, at-will :cool:

..I originally wanted to say 'Smile! You're on Candid ACOG!' :D: but.. That didn't highlight the camera-aspect, and I figure, Ehh, that's prolly 'too much math' for a neanderthal.. ;)

jd

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After the last 2 range trips, I put the empties around the house perimeter. I heard empties, especially the ruskie steels, are great deterrent against looters and opportunists like blessed salt to demons and witches.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is more funny than some may realize, signs carry no force of law in KY , Open Carry is protected by law & State Constitution so talk about a waste of time & money.

IOW, you can carry anyway and nothing can be done (other than you must leave IF asked- which doesn't really happen IME) you can't be charged with any gun crime regardless FYI

Also keep in mind you cannot judge Ky by Lexington and Louisville, they're much more liberal than the rest of KY by far.
Kentucky is constitutional carry state although I have mine as I do travel to WV and TN a lot for work and do hit the national parks a lot.

Signs have no enforcement backing but that is more for businesses and public areas. I don’t know about government buildings and spaces. But the sale spikes are for private residents across the countries but this sign company is very big so I guess they got the northeast as well as the Potomac metropolitan areas. Good for them getting the businesses as this place a closet pro-2A; they follow the dont as don’t tell policy as far as employees and visitors carrying on site. I always carry when I deliver here and always look forward to coming here as their cafeteria is free and there are always good gun, 4x4, and other country oriented literatures in the cafeteria and bathroom. In addition, trips here are big enough to cover half of my delivery and I can head home right after instead to being stuck out the house last 5.

·
Super Moderator
Trash Remover
3,548 Posts
Kentucky is constitutional carry state although I have mine as I do travel to WV and TN a lot for work and do hit the national parks a lot.

Signs have no enforcement backing but that is more for businesses and public areas. I don’t know about government buildings and spaces. But the sale spikes are for private residents across the countries but this sign company is very big so I guess they got the northeast as well as the Potomac metropolitan areas. Good for them getting the businesses as this place a closet pro-2A; they follow the dont as don’t tell policy as far as employees and visitors carrying on site. I always carry when I deliver here and always look forward to coming here as their cafeteria is free and there are always good gun, 4x4, and other country oriented literatures in the cafeteria and bathroom. In addition, trips here are big enough to cover half of my delivery and I can head home right after instead to being stuck out the house last 5.
If its not on the list of prohibited places you can legally carry (examples are including but not limited to Fed property, court rooms, jails and correction facilities, schools, etc. etc. etc. ) More places you can carry than not IOW

·
Registered
104 Posts
Don’t let Lexington speak for for KY. It is far more liberal that Louisville. Just Google their mayor that ran against Rand Paul last election and you’ll see what I mean. Louisville definitely has its parts of town but the suburbs are normal more republican leaning.

·
Banned
6,705 Posts
Being the gray man is unfortunately not an option for me, but everyone knows me here so reputation is a great thing. I'm also nice to everyone. I know, hard to believe.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts