Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
REF: http://gunfacts.info/

Gun Facts is a free e-book that debunks common myths about gun control. It is intended as a reference guide for journalists, activists, politicians, and other people interested in restoring honesty to the debate about guns, crime, and the 2nd Amendment.

What is your favorite debunked myth about gun control.

Have you ever been able to correct gun-phobic people and even change their views?

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
What is your favorite debunked myth about gun control.

Have you ever been able to correct gun-phobic people and even change their views?
Ohh yea all the time. I just take them shooting a few times and that helps a lot with the gun-phobia.

I have also won a lot of people who are against guns and hunting. I have been using many of their own arguments against them. For one hunting is a lot more "Green" than supermarket meat. A lot less damage to to earth from cultivating land for cows, GMO feed, Hormones, food transport costs etc etc. Hunting is one of the "greenest" meats out there. Also hunting is a lot more ethical as the animals have a chance to live life and die happy. Unlike animals born and bread for slaughter.

Another good argument is that when you need help IMMEDIATELY, cops are often at least 15 minutes away.

As far as Myths go, I like the one that taking away guns makes cities safer LOL yyyyeaaaa.... that doesn't work.

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Myth: “Safe storage” laws protect people

Fact: 15 states that passed “safe storage” laws saw 300 more murders, 3,860 more rapes, 24,650 more robberies, and over 25,000 more aggravated assaults in the first five years. On average, the annual costs borne by victims averaged over $2.6 billion as a result of lost productivity, out-of-pocket expenses, medical bills, and property losses. "The problem is, you see no decrease in either juvenile accidental gun deaths or suicides when such laws are enacted, but you do see an increase in crime rates." 271

Fact: Only five American
children under the age of 10 died of accidents involving handguns in 1997.272 Thus, the need for “safe storage” laws appears to be low.

Fact: In Merced
California, an intruder stabbed three children to death with a pitchfork. The oldest child had been trained by her father in firearms use, but could not save her siblings from the attacker because the gun was locked away to comply with the state’s “safe storage” law.273

It really makes me wonder how I can trust anything the gun control/Press say. It is outright fraud.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
One myth that I hate is the one about the number of "children" who die "because of guns". The method of counting those deaths often involves various unscrupulous mean, like including people up to the age of 19.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The myth that "guns kill people" ive never seen any of my guns float out of their storage place, load themself, aim at someone, pull the trigger, and shoot them...

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One myth that I hate is the one about the number of "children" who die "because of guns". The method of counting those deaths often involves various unscrupulous mean, like including people up to the age of 19.
Yes, that one is on page 61. The claim is 13 children killed by guns each day.

"Fact: Adults included – This “statistic” includes “children” up to age 19 or 24, depending on the source. Most violent crime is committed by males ages 16-24, these numbers end up including adult gang members dying during criminal activity333. The proper definition of ‘child’ is a person between birth and puberty (typically 13-14 years old)."

The true number is less then 1 per day -- which is bad. To keep that in perspective, however, 4 children die per day due to abuse and 13 teenagers die each day from automobile accidents.

On a side note - if four children die each day due to abuse, why did the press single out Casey Anthony

1 - 11 of 11 Posts