Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Ready, willing, and able
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering are there any gun belts that look like regular belt for CCW. Also I currently wear a modern army surplus belt, you know, it's beige or green and it doesn't matter if you have a skinny waist. I was wondering would that be sufficient.

·
Remove Kebab
3,589 Posts

·
Semper Vigilans
5,058 Posts
Depending on what your CCW is, most guns are heavy enough to warp or blow out standard belts.

I learned early on to get a quality reinforced belt.
It will save you money in the long term as you won't need a new belt every 6 months.

When I have my full EDC CCW load I also use suspenders.
A gun, two mags, a knife, a flashlight, wallet, keys and a cell phone can be a bit of weight without support.

Be advised gun belts are stiff enough to spring open. if you are not ready when you unsnap your pants, you will likely end up with them around your ankles.

It's embarrassing when your gun clanks off the public restroom floor because your pants dropped to your ankles. Ask me how I know.

Also another point for suspenders.

If you are looking to use lighter belts I would advise using an IWB (Inside the Waistband) holster for your carry.
With this holster your belt won't bear all the weight of your gun.

·
478 Posts
I chose the Desantis E25. Costs about $20 give ot take. Nice and stiff to support IWB or OWB, but sizing was a challenge. You may need to order a couple sizes bigger to get the right fit.

·
Deplorable
4,356 Posts
I got screwed by Sparks on a belt/holster transaction and would never spend another cent with that POS company. There are countless other belt/holster makers that appreciate my business and offer equal/better products.

Ray at Lobo Leather is highly regarded by the S&W crowd.

·
Start up the rotors
7,663 Posts
Reactions: Luke 22:35-38

·
Third World'er Lunatic
16,245 Posts
I been using a Rigger belt for years, first one was a Spec-ops, 2 spares are the same, still havent worn out the first one. leather/bullhide I was messing up in about 3 months, my waist is narrow, by the third month a straight leather belt looked like a big U. was at a place buying new Rope and a decender, saw the belts. all i have worn since.

·
Registered
34,722 Posts
I got screwed by Sparks on a belt/holster transaction and would never spend another cent with that POS company. There are countless other belt/holster makers that appreciate my business and offer equal/better products.

Ray at Lobo Leather is highly regarded by the S&W crowd.
How?

They have quite a few happy customers (including me 3x) over decades.

·
Mad Trapper
1,149 Posts
Heck I just use a leather tool belt made by CLC that i picked up from my local hardware store. Been useing the same belt for God knows how many years and it hold up fine! All i did was change the belt buckle and dye it black.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts