Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a few goodies 2 weeks ago. A yugoslav underfolder and an SKS. The AK was $450 and the SKS's were selling for $170.
2 days ago, the underfolders were all sold out and the cheap crap Romanian rifles were $650 marked up from $250. The SKS's are now $250!

The guys at Dunham's and Gander mountain both said guns are selling "like they've never seen before".

It seems that half the population elected an idiot and the other half are busy preparing for the aftermath.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Underfolders available online...$750! Almost doubled since the election! Geojobar, it's supply and demand. People are making a run to get as much and as many as fast as they can and, it's fueling the prices.
It wouldn't be happening if the Dems weren't so anti-gun.

·
Wanderer
477 Posts
Sepp I am not sure where your dealer got his original supply but he was either selling just at cost or right below on those underfolders, the Romanian AKs he would of been taking a loss on, and the SKS Depending on where they came from he could making a little or a fortune. I am an FFL and haven't been able to get underfolders for less than 400 for over 3 years and romanian AK's I have never seen at 250. SKS up till 2 months ago were wholesale just shy of 130 on up to 275 depending on quality and country of origin.

So either he had an inside track or he had been sitting on them for a piece.

D.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last month's flyer from SOG had the Yugo underfolders listed at $495 with 2 mags and the BII (basic issue items clng kit bayonet etc) The SKS's were under $169.
The crap romanian AK's a few weeks back from another place were between 250 and 300 +/-.
Today at woodville surplus they had only Romanian crap for $600 and a beat to death looking 91/30 straight bolt for $120. The same mosins are on sale at dunham's for $80.
Even on gunbroker the prices have gone up for milsurp stuff.

·
Wanderer
477 Posts
Mosins have climmed about 10 bucks in the last year and a half. I would like to know where you found the romanian aks for that price. The underfolders haven't gone up dealer cost yet they are still around the 500 mark give or take depending on where.

One of the big kickers with AK's in price climb in the last several years is they can no longer import the barrels they have to now be American made.

D.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check with SOG (southern ohio gun). you can give them your FFL info and they'll give you a log in ID to see the prices on their site.
$300 WASR I found a few months back was on sale at dunham's. All were crappy stamped Romaian garbage with wood that looked and felt like scrap pine dug out of a trash pile.
I was stuck doing inventory on a Serb arsenal in BH and I'll tell you, those Yugo AK's are top quality.
BTW, SOG has the YUGO M76's on sale for around 1600. Dragunov knock-off but chambered for 8mm mauser ammo...quite the thumper!

·
Wanderer
477 Posts
Already got an SOG acount LOL. I would like to have a Drugunov in the orginal 7.62x54 and 8mm is so expensive now its gone over board.

D.

·
Minarchist (Jeffersonian)
3,306 Posts
everyone of us knew this was going to happen if the dems got the white house and the congress, people should have been buying months or even years ago

·
Behold a pale horse
314 Posts
According to my friendly neighborhood gun dealer, prices of guns and ammo should go up 20 percent here in Nova Scotia by January. Buckshots already selling at 8 bucks a box.
Stock up.

·
Registered
280 Posts
i called Wolf Ammo directly and they said they never raised their prices, only the retailers did..cleaning up after the election?? If everyone slowed down on buying maybe the prices will fall like fuel did. The old supply and demand....maybe its time start re-loading again and be grateful for the firearms i currently own.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Ak ammo selling here for $5/box. Wish I'd had 2k a few months back to stock up.

·
Premium Member
12,048 Posts
I was looking at a few goodies 2 weeks ago. A yugoslav underfolder and an SKS. The AK was $450 and the SKS's were selling for $170.
2 days ago, the underfolders were all sold out and the cheap crap Romanian rifles were $650 marked up from $250. The SKS's are now $250!
see what you get for ''just looking'':xeye:..........

·
Registered
135 Posts
My husband and I wanted and SKS. We planned on putting it off until sometime next year, but after the election we started keeping an eye on prices. About 1 1/2 weeks ago, we saw quite a few for sale on gunbroker.com for about $250-$300, with the Yugos running about $175. The very next day I decided to check prices at work. Coincidentaly, my husband was also checking the exact same site at home. All the Russian & Chinese had disappeared and the Yugos almost doubled in price, about $300-$450. I quickly called 4-5 gun shops in the area and all of them said they were completely sold out and are not getting anymore. I made a mad dash to a gun shop just down the road from work and was able to find a 1951 Russian SKS for $300. They had only 4 in stock. A few days later I went in to buy more ammo and they were all sold out. The other 4 SKSs were gone too. Jo,Mo has dried up.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you can't find an SKS, find a yugo mauser m48 or even cheaper a mosin nagant. Still cheap, reliable and simple to maintain...did I mention it will punch a nice hole accurately at well over 400 yards? Not an "assault" rifle by modern terms but, still worth grabbing on the cheap and both are combat proven weapons.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts