Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past couple of days I have moved around a dozen threads out of this section.

Lets get a few things straight:

Hiking and camping does not include "Bugging Out" or "backpack survival."

Firearms, unless its self defense against a bear attack or wild animal attack.

AK-47s and AR-15s are not recommended for stopping a bear, so please do not post anything about those firearms here.

Hiking, camping and wilderness survival means just that - hiking, camping and wilderness survival.

I am getting tired of moving threads. If this keeps up, when I move a thread, an infraction will be given out.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hiking and camping does not include "Bugging Out" or "backpack survival."
No offense, kev, but when someone plans to bug out to the woods, hiking and camping is exactly what that entails. And maybe the reason you have to keep moving threads is because you're the only one who doesn't understand that.

I realize you don't think bugging out to the woods is feasible for a family. Maybe it's not. But not all of us have a family. Some of us are lonewolfs, and we think we can pull it off. And whether you think we can or not, that's still our plan and that's what we want to discuss.

You keep moving our threads to the urban section, of all places. We're sure as hell not talking about bugging out to the city. So why would you move these threads to there?

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No offense, kev, but when someone plans to bug out to the woods, hiking and camping is exactly what that entails. And maybe the reason you have to keep moving threads is because you're the only one who doesn't understand that.

I realize you don't think bugging out to the woods is feasible for a family. Maybe it's not. But not all of us have a family. Some of us are lonewolfs, and we think we can pull it off. And whether you think we can or not, that's still our plan and that's what we want to discuss.

You keep moving our threads to the urban section, of all places. We're sure as hell not talking about bugging out to the city. So why would you move these threads to there?
Lets be blunt and to the point - why do I move the threads and set the rules for the hiking and camping section? Because this is my site and my rules.

If you dont like it, here is the exit -----> http://www.google.com/

Any more silly questions?

:thumb:

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I believe knowledge and skills are more useful than equipment (most of the time) and I enjoy reading new material. Here is a list of some books I have read and found useful, I also wonder if anyone else has other suggestions.
Edible and medicinal plant books (find ones specific to your area)
Wilderness Living and Survival Skills by John and Geri McPherson
Wilderness Skills Applied and Advanced by John and Gerri McPherson
98.6 Degrees the Art of Keeping Your Ass Alive by Cody Lundin
Several of Tom Brown’s books are very useful as well
There are also a variety of other books on specific topics like tracking, camp craft, etc. that are I have enjoyed but these are a few of the books covering a wide base of information that I would recommend.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Lets be blunt and to the point - why do I move the threads and set the rules for the hiking and camping section? Because this is my site and my rules.

If you dont like it, here is the exit -----> http://www.google.com/

Any more silly questions?

:thumb:
So you're some guy who made a website. Big freakin deal. Anyone with an internet connection can make a website. That doesn't make you an expert on anything. It just makes you some schmuck who thinks he's an expert.

Go ahead and ban me now. I don't care. This place is just a haven for nutjobs anyways...

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So you're some guy who made a website. Big freakin deal. Anyone with an internet connection can make a website. That doesn't make you an expert on anything. It just makes you some schmuck who thinks he's an expert.

Go ahead and ban me now. I don't care. This place is just a haven for nutjobs anyways...
Your not going to get banned.

Why would you even think that? Unless your a little paranoid?

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.