Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
The GSG5 is only a .22 carbine that looks like an H&K MP5 and that is where the similarity ends. Internally its nothing like the MP5 ie no roller locking system. There are better options on the .22 rifle/carbine market, I personally wouldnt trade my Marlin for one of those GSG5s. :)

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I shot the one a dealer friend of mine got in for his collection. Nice gun but it is too gimmicky for me. Too much money for what I could do on another gun like a second 10 22. The thing is it is your choice and you need to get what turns you on.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Save yer money..get a 10/22 and 3k rounds of ammo...spend the rest on food or something.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I know a few people who have one of these and love it. I ended up ordering one myself and actually will pick it up tomorrow or monday. If I have any problems with it I will certainly post on it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
They will no longer be available in the U.S. next year as it was determined that they violated a trade infringement on a Hechler and Koch Product and because of that will be coming off of the market.

TRS

·
Registered
56 Posts
The GSG5 is made in a clam shell two piece body that looks like an MP5. The action is a .22 breech box and springs that slide into the clam shell. Very cool looking, fun to shoot for a while. Super complex and I felt like it might break if dropped.

I had one. I ditched it and bought a Glock 19. My 10/22 was far more robust than the GSG5.

It is a cool plaything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.