Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to see if anybody was interested in a group buy of Mylar bags.

Specifically I need the 5 gallon size. I only need at most 2 dozen, but the best price for them is on orders of 100 or more.

The best price I have found so far is 1.47 each for the 2 mil thick bags, including shipping. Of course to re ship them would add a little to that but not too much.

I have references and an ebay feedback rating of just under 1900 (in two separate accounts, 350 in one and around 1200 in the other.

If you have access to a better deal or wish to discuss this further please let me know.

·
Bleach blonde on fire :p
6,173 Posts
Where are you generally located, I might be interested. PM me if you need to.

Thanks, Godbless RNCMOMX2

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To all who are interested.

PM me with your email address, roughly how many you want, and your address.

Ill email you back with details and we can figure out what would be best.

Depending on required speed of shipment, I dont think cost of shipping would be a major problem. At any rate, this is a lot cheaper than buying 5 or 10 of them.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
I need 1 bag . Please ship it to fxjohnny so he can stick his head in it .........

:D:

Free bump .

I'll do 15 bags , for real . just to help out .

·
1,794 Posts
Just a hunch but I'll bet if you were to buy 100 mylar bags and resell them through the classified section of this site they would FLY outta here. Seems like everyone is always looking for them.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have enough orders for over 100 mylar bags now.

countryboy123 24
nveagle 24
PikeFlyerMike 10
S.James 15
RosesInWinter 20
535 10
rncmomx2 20

Total 123

I can order 100 of them for 1.47 each, including shipping. Again, they are 2 mil thickness, 5 gallon size, 20 inches by 31 inches.

I will try to see about a purchase of the exact number required. I may get a better deal for a larger purchase and if I do, I will pass those savings on to you.

I have email addresses from nveagle and pikeflyermike. Please PM me with an email address and I will contact you through regular email afterwards. I will delete the PM as soon as I get that info.

If you are uncomfortable with providing email address, please use a temporary email address or if all else fails, I will PM you with mine as a last resort.

Several of you live very near me and I can possibly meet you somewhere, or I can mail them to you for a few dollars. I will not be trying to make any money off shipping. I will charge EXACT shipping costs for this.

I will try to make the purchase on or about October 27th. This gives everyone enough time to make payments, etc.

Again, my intention is not to make a profit. I am doing this because by ordering in a group buy, we can all benefit from the reduced prices of a large purchase.

Thanks to everyone who has PMed me so far. If you wish to get in on this, please let me know by October 20th.

Edited to add.... several have inquired about paying via paypal. I have a paypal address and can do it this way, but be aware that paypal charges a fee to recieve money and that cost must be passed on.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If this goes well would anyone be interested in O2 absorber, bag sealers, etc.

Maybe we could do this as well?

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some have expressed that they do not wish to provide email address over a PM.

I understand this to a point.

When I receive a PM with your email info on it I save that info to a file on my computer and immediately delete that info from my PM box. If you also delete that PM, there is no record of it.

I would also like to add that if you are using the same email you used to join this website, then that info is already stored on Kev's site.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
CountryBoy, this sounds like a great idea. I am interested in the mylar bags ALSO sealers, oxygen absorbers and what have you. I live in Columbia, SC. but my in=laws live very close to Charlotte and we visit the Concord/Salisbury area a lot. I don't have a problem with giving my email addy, home address and phone number if you need it. I could also send you cash or paypal you. You can mail or I can meet - whichever works for you. Wonder if you can get a deal on 5 gal. buckets? I'm having a hard time with those. On the liners, I would like 25 or up to 50 if that completes a cheaper deal. Thank you for doing this. Let me know if I can help with the mailing or packing.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Excellent thread, and a brilliant idea. Pm coming. i would also like to see about the 02 absorbers too. Would also be curios of the sealer. Bought a crappy one from wally world... what a waste. it only did like 6 bags of meat before it started lunchin out.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CountryBoy, this sounds like a great idea. I am interested in the mylar bags ALSO sealers, oxygen absorbers and what have you. I live in Columbia, SC. but my in=laws live very close to Charlotte and we visit the Concord/Salisbury area a lot. I don't have a problem with giving my email addy, home address and phone number if you need it. I could also send you cash or paypal you. You can mail or I can meet - whichever works for you. Wonder if you can get a deal on 5 gal. buckets? I'm having a hard time with those. On the liners, I would like 25 or up to 50 if that completes a cheaper deal. Thank you for doing this. Let me know if I can help with the mailing or packing.

Sherrieallen,

the more the better. I am sure the more we get the better deal we will get.

Please PM me with your email and how many you decide on and Ill email you on the 20th when the deadline has passed.

I found some Food Grade 300cc oxygen absorbers for 44 cents each, including shipping. This is for a minimum order of 100 so I must have commitments for 100 at least before I can get that price.

If anybody is interested in this, just PM me.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
I found some Food Grade 300cc oxygen absorbers for 44 cents each, including shipping. This is for a minimum order of 100 so I must have commitments for 100 at least before I can get that price.
Once you open the bulk pack the start working , ssooooooo this may pose a problem . Whatca think ???

I'll need to get some buckets and an iron to seal the bags , so I wont be able to use them right away . so I think 100 would come sealed in one bag .

Ill GIVE you that bag...
LMAO.............:thumb:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts