Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
outdoorsman
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice that the prices are jumping again. We went to wally world and was picking up the big pack of tyson chicken that used to be $10.25 is now $15.00. Alot of other stuff I noticed went up to but not as drastic as the chicken.

·
Premium Member
68,758 Posts
Yeah, we've been getting it hard here for the last couple months. I think we had lagged behind the price increases that were happening around the country, but now they're trying to catch up.

·
old hand
7,441 Posts
There is another game they play which is keeping the price the same but reducing the quantity.
Yea, we noticed that with Folger's coffee ... same price although the container (same shape mind you) has gone from 270 oz to 240 oz.
We didn't even notice 'till we got home and put it in the pantry alongside the others, it is an inch shorter.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
ive noticed it to prices on almost all food items have gone up. one big spike i saw was that the price of rum went up almost 5 bucks a bottle from last year i think were getting into some big time stagflation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Grocery Prices

We've noticed the same thing recently here her No. Miss...especially eggs & milk and some produce; up 30-40% in the past couple months. Anyone in the food/grocery warehouse business know what's going on?

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
I can't complain, most prices around here have been the same for years now. Some things have gone up, but I'm still able to eat pretty good on my limited income, and don't mind paying a fair price for quality goods. I shop the weekly specials, and get by just fine.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I've seen it on base too. Worse, because they don't try to make a profit. Beef Jerky has gone from $2.99 to $4.99. I remember seeing an article about 6 weeks ago talking about the US Agriculture Department was looking at 25% across the board this year, with powdered milk going up 70%. I think it was Bloomburg.

This is going to hit the ones on Fixed Income hard, especially with Cities, Counties and States having to tax more and provide less. I saw this coming and the Stimulas Bill made this worse since the districts didn't downsize anyone or cut their budget. They used the money to fund the salaries, which is a nice thing to do, but can't be sustained.

Throw this on top of the Housing Market, Commercial Real Estate impending bust and FDIC/Banks Failures means this is going to hurt.

Add HC bill, Energy Tax, and a new gas tax (I read about this in the paper yesterday and the Congress acknowledged the cost would be borne by the consumer) you have to ask, "What is the plan here?" "Is it worth your seat in Congress and your Ego to leave America to this fate?"

Hard Times, worse, when those people who the govt provides get less and less. I am guessing soon we will hear about how the unemployed and welfare need more. Could this be the redistribution of wealth we heard about?

·
Geriatric Gladiator
682 Posts
Grocery stores are very tricky. Some things that haven't seemed to go up are really packaged in smaller packages and look just about the same. All the big chains do it. I have been shopping at a Save-A-Lot grocery store , sort of like a dollar store for groceries, that seems to cater to lower income people. They seem to be a bit more honest. It pays to take time in the grocery store, take a calculator, and stay away from the heavily processed foods and misleading coupons on overpriced foods.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.