Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself. I started to awaken about 6 or 7 years ago when I happened to hear Alex Jones on an AM station here in East Tn. I am former Navy and have always been proud to be an American, but some of the things he spoke about somehow at the time made sense, and didn’t surprise me. As I learned of the dangers of Martial Law and the absolute corruptness of our government I found myself wanted to learn more. Knowledge is power and if a person at the very least can open their eyes and ears and just take it all in, they would be able to see what a distraction our society has created for us. To be honest I never gave a lot of credence to being prepared with food storage, or trying to become less dependent on the “system” until about 2 months ago when I finally, truly got it. I said to myself “self, look what problems a hurricane can cause, look how it can so easily disrupt our way of life, what would happen if the economy collapses? What would I do, how would I be prepared if there was a major event here on our soil or somewhere else?” So, after a brief gas shortage here in TN, and our economy starting down the slipper slope I decided to act. I have been relentless on my food preps, and things like a generator, kerosene heating and cooking, medical supplies. A BOB bag would be nice, but like many I have small children so I would most likely hunker down at home and try to make the best of it. Home defense is also at the top of my list, I am no stranger to guns and their use, I will be soon purchasing a 12 gauge (thanks to this site I can see where that would more useful than a handgun, at least for me right now). It almost comical to go to china-mart and look at the cashiers face when I come through with a mountain of canned goods, rice and kerosene cans.” You go’in campin?” Yep, sure am  . Its weird going through a store on a mission other than looking at the latest and greatest video game or big screen TV. It just makes me want to go into the electronics section and scream “wake up! this s*$% don’t matter anymore!” Ok, so sorry for the long introduction, but seriously this forum is a great site so many ideas here, it can be just overwhelming and at times humbling. I may not be as prepared as I would like to be, but I’m getting there, no turning back now.

Thanks, Reg

·
Rifleman
1,600 Posts
Hi Reg, southern middle Tennessee here, welcome.
I know how you feel about the awakening. I toyed with the idea of surviving for 20 years and finally got serious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts