Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, I am new to the forum. I hale from sunny Vancouver Island, well somewhat sunny, more like rainy but at least I don't have to shovel it. :rain
My children and I moved here from Ontario but we spent a year and a half in Newfoundland during two of their record worse winters for snow.
Now, I refuse to even own a snow shovel.

I have been working on the survival needs for my family over the last several years, collecting books, information, equipment etc. A couple years ago, mid winter the power was out for days even weeks in some parts of the Island. Fortunately I am a few blocks from the Emergency Station/Fire Hall so power was restored after two days. That was a wake up call so more recently when the power went out for about a day I had up to date information by listening to the ham radio emergency network.

It is amazing how information and preparedness alleviates fear and anxiety during a crisis.

I am prepared for the short term but now I need to work on the long term; the things a family needs if a crisis extends into a month, several months even years. That is basically what prompted me to join your forum. To learn what I need and where to find it. :thumb:

This is an article I found to be very informative:
COA Analysis of Common Survival Strategies, by JIR

·
RH-O Negative
5,647 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Nevada, Republic of Texas.

·
Prepared in NH
12,866 Posts
Hi, That's Jim Rawles web blog.

Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the nice welcome aboard's.
No I am not a sailor but it seems everyone in my area is military.
I wonder if Jim Rawles is a member here?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Jeff, I had entered the contest earlier this morning.
I am interested in the Berkey Light Water System.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts