Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone, from the UP of MI. I've been reading the forums since discovering it a few weeks ago. Lots of great information. I guess I've been bit of a prepper before without knowing the term. Look forward to learning even more from the very informational posts and enjoying the good humorous replies :thumb:

·
Registered
11,613 Posts
Welcome Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?

·
in the woods
1,906 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.

My Dad came from the UP, the family still has a homestead there, but I've never even ventured that direction. One of these days maybe.

·
Good Guy
97 Posts
My Wife and I regularly visit a friends cabin south of Newberry which is in the center of the U.P., we love it and wish we could live there........or maybe BO there.

·
Retired Army
5,536 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.

Al

Reactions: SSGNasty

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?
He lives in the UP of Michigan.... He already lives where the rest of the state would consider the ideal BOL.
Thanks for all of the warm welcomes everyone :cool:
Kapture has it right, this whole area up here is pretty much a BOL. I do have at least 1 or 2 BOLs up in this BOL though. This area is mostly forest, so plenty of fruits in the summer, animals, fresh water.
I'm ex-army and lived most of my live up here, all over the UP actually, so rather used to the woods, and go camping a lot.
I'm working on the stored food, but over the past few years have been collecting items that would fit under prepping, that I been reading on other forums too, getting a lot of camping/outdoor/PMs/lots of flashlights (CPF) /survival gear, etc. Now starting to work on the food storage. Testing most what I've been getting too, and camping out almost every time of the year. Picked up a 4 season tent, but only tested down to like 18 degrees outside so far (it can get down to -30 at night in January in some parts up here).
Homebrewer, big fan of cooking, so I've always had a decent store of food (well or so I thought after reading here, haha). I'm working on it though. Just picked up a few boxes of MREs, some #10s of dinners, etc. Slowly but surely.

·
Registered
11,613 Posts
I started homebrewing this summer. Something I was waiting to do until after I retired from the Army, which happened in April this year.

Turned out three batches of beer and one batch of ginger wine.

Pretty good stuff!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts