Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! Ive been browsing this forum off and on for the past 2 months and decided to register. I live probably 45 minutes away from BIW (for those from maine). Ill list some things I do and don't have

BOL: eh kinda
BOV: ha no im broke
BOB: not together but could throw one together in 10 minutes if needed
As for supplies we are pretty much set for 2 weeks if we can't leave the house.

thats bout it. See you guys around!

·
Registered
11,613 Posts
Welcome Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Hello and welcome from MA and ME.

Until I was 5 I lived within spitting distance of the BIW - my father called it the nut factory, but they still made them on time and on budget and sailors were always happy to be on a "Bath built."

Hmmmm. In 45 minutes I could be south of Portland

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello and welcome from MA and ME.

Until I was 5 I lived within spitting distance of the BIW - my father called it the nut factory, but they still made them on time and on budget and sailors were always happy to be on a "Bath built."

Hmmmm. In 45 minutes I could be south of Portland
Lol nut factory, never heard that one before. Im around 45 minutes away from portland too.

So your in the extreme Southern tip of Maine, cool :)

Welcome :)
Not quite but not too far away from it. Im 45 minutes north of BIW not south :p

·
off-grid organic farmer
23,959 Posts
It is the biggest meet of self-sufficient off-grid sustainable minded people that I am aware of. Usually running about 25,000 to 30,000 people each day.

DIY homes, foraging in the forests, growing crops with draft animals, herbal medicines, the list of topics they do workshops on is super long.

My wife last year did 2 workshops, one Friday and one Saturday, in their outdoor kitchen classroom, on using dried bean-flour to make bread, pizzas, and cookies. She is scheduled to do that again this year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It is the biggest meet of self-sufficient off-grid sustainable minded people that I am aware of. Usually running about 25,000 to 30,000 people each day.

DIY homes, foraging in the forests, growing crops with draft animals, herbal medicines, the list of topics they do workshops on is super long.

My wife last year did 2 workshops, one Friday and one Saturday, in their outdoor kitchen classroom, on using dried bean-flour to make bread, pizzas, and cookies. She is scheduled to do that again this year.
is there a website?

·
Krazy Kitty
5,007 Posts

Does it cost anything to attend? We're on a limited budget.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts