Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, first of all, hi...
Just found this forum and although I know almost nothing about survivalism I'm a quick learner :thumb:
As you can see, I am from Mexico, I don't know If I am the only member actually living in Mexico cause I see mostly Americans and Canadians, but I do hope to find an atmosphere of respect and friendship in here, I realize that many have misconceptions about my country but I'm glad if I can help in changing that at least a little.
Myself I am studying Civil Engineering at a well-known university in my country, so I also hope to be of any help in here if needed. By the way, I have studied english since I was a little child, but can't always find the correct word to speak so I apologyze already hehe...
About my ideology, I'm no paranoid or apocalyptical person but do believe that it's better to be prepared, at least one step ahead from the crowd, and looking at the world's overview, I guess it won't be long for preparedness to pay for itself...

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce a little on myself, I expect to be posting here often, though I think i'll be reading a lot more! :D:
Nice forum by the way, see ya soon guys and gals, looking forward to making new and interesting friends!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Good to have you.
What area of Mexico are you in? I'd like to visit your country but I hear it isn't too safe in the northern region right now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys, thanks for your replies!
Because of my studies I'm actually living in one of Mexico's major cities called Monterrey, which is about 2 hours highway time from the border with McAllen, Tx. but had lived my whole life in a city named Tampico a little bit south, about 6 hours from the border, just in front of the Mexican Gulf.
Indeed lately there have been increased cases of violence in my country, which is living a battle with drugdealers, but most of the trouble is found in border cities because of the same problem (drugdealing). Cities to avoid are such like Tijuana (crossing San Diego), Ciudad Juarez (crossing El Paso, Tx) and Reynosa (crossing McAllen).
I mean, every city, not only in Mexico, has its trouble and its "bad areas", but you can live worryless, for example here in Monterrey we do hear about gang fights, but the violence is away from the people (and I guess every major city has gang troubles).
Monterrey is a almost-first world industrialized city which is worth to visit, so do many tropical beaches and cultural places in the colonial part of my country, it isn't just sombreros and burros around here.
I hope I cleared your questions, and am willing to answer any other you have for me!
Again, thanks for your welcome and hospitality!

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome from your neighbor to the north, Texas. Good to have you here. Have family and friends from Mexico. Hope you find good folks here as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts