Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...
I just found this site a couple of days ago, and have been trying to absorb as much information as I can.
I'm new to the whole survivalist thing, and events of recent days have awakened me to the fact that it's probably going to become necessary soon.
I don't know anyone around here who is into this, so I'm wondering if there are some like minded people to share ideas and preparation plans with.
I'm just west of Richmond...hopefully far enough west if the SHTF.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome to our world from TX. It is hard to come over to the dark side as some people will tell you. We really aren't all that bad a people. In fact you will most people in the survivalist lifestyle are quite nice folks. Many of us have been raised in this lifestyle. I was and went on to college and later taught. We don't always agree with each other but the common bond we have is we care about one another and will do anything we can to help each other survive what may be coming down the road. Let me warn you now, that you will become frustrated when you get started. It will seem like it is too much to do. Don't get overwhelmed. Sit down and make a plan and be willing to change you plan as time goes along. Plan first for surviving 3 days (72 Hours), then for 2 weeks adn then 3 months. Get your basics first, food, water, shelter, tools, protection, meds, power, light. thinks through what you need to do. read the posts here and let them help you. find friends who will help you. Best wishes and stick with us.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks....
First thing I've got to get in order is defense. I'm doing some gun shopping with my buddies who are quite knowledgeable in that area.
I live in an almost rural area on a lot of acreage with a well and a small generator, and a little food stocked away, so I think I've got the 72 hour thing already set. I've been through ice storms here with no power for longer than that before!
Thanks for the welcome, and I'll keep checking in here for new ideas on what to acquire and what to do when the time comes....

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Shouldn't matter where you live, as long as you have access here. You'll find 'survivalists' of all types on the site, probably many with the same concerns and ideas that you have. And don't concentrate mainly on defense, we are all guilty of it, but food and water I think are the keys to living things out. Start there first, then work for protection. Having a generator helps, but make sure you have spare parts and fuel. Trouble always comes in threes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts