Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Ontario, Canada

I attended a 2 week overnight camp on a yearly basis when I was younger, part of which was a 3 day/2 night out-trip. Our whole cabin would pack into canoes and paddle out, portage, and make it to an island where we'd stay. It was always my favorite part. When I got older, I started organizing trips myself. And have only gotten more experienced and more interested since.

Am a Neuroscience university student. Other interest include Yoga and Meditation.

Been interior camping for 4 years now, did winter camping for the first time this year. Trained in wilderness survival (a course offered by David Arama at my university) and Wilderness first aid as well.

Interested in survival, and hunting/trapping next.

Enjoy moderated amounts of cannabis and psychedelics to enhance my experience, unravel players of the psyche, connect with the universe et al.

Always approach my interior camping trips with a minimalistic approach. Limit any combination of equipment, food, clothing, or other. Never risk not bringing mandatory first aid and safety equipment (Iodine, Sam Splint, Gauze/bandage, Spot satellite messenger).

Looking forward to learning mostly about hunting/trapping, and long term (first 1 month, eventually 6-12 months +) survival.

·
Registered
11,613 Posts
Welcome Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have a BOL?
Not familiar with this term. Definition?

That said - is there a FAQ somewhere on this site, for abbreviations / initialisms like that? Also, how come I've made more than 5 posts and still cannot view profiles? Does this take time?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?
Not yet, just started, no, in that order. Am more interested in hunting/trapping/fishing for that reason. Will need to learn how to clean and store food too.

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?
Hunting will come after fishing and trapping I think. Would rather ease into it.

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?
No, but very interested! Gathered mushrooms many times, have begun to know what to look for, but not comfortable doing it myself.

Thanks for the replies!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts