Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scientists have mapped the genome of Neanderthals. They compared the Neanderthal genome to humans from Asia, Europe, the Americas and Africa. The Africans are pure human. Everyone else is between 1% and 4% Neanderthal. So much for racial purity.

Apparently when modern humans left Africa during the last ice age, they mated with the Neanderthal in the Middle East and then proceeded to migrate around the world. So all the humans outside Africa are a little bit Neanderthal. Blacks in the US probably are to, by now.

·
Improvise Adapt Overcome!
12,007 Posts
Technically, I am an Africanized Neanderthal.

Does anyone know the percentage of Cro magnum in Asian populations? I highly suspect Asians are Africanized cromagmun rather than Neanderthals.

Neanderthals had a bigger brain case than H0mosaipens. Technically that means they were smarter right? They didn't have the vocal cords though, which is probably why archaeological digs find they had advanced musical instruments compared to H0mosapiens of the same time periods.

·
12,007 Posts
Scientists have mapped the genome of Neanderthals. They compared the Neanderthal genome to humans from Asia, Europe, the Americas and Africa. The Africans are pure human. Everyone else is between 1% and 4% Neanderthal. So much for racial purity.

Apparently when modern humans left Africa during the last ice age, they mated with the Neanderthal in the Middle East and then proceeded to migrate around the world. So all the humans outside Africa are a little bit Neanderthal. Blacks in the US probably are to, by now.
Funny, I was at a gathering at a friend's house yesterday, and I was insisting we are all africanized Neanderthals during a debate we were having. You by any chance weren't there, were you?

PM me if you attended Joe's BBQ in Plainfield yesterday.

·
Taoist
2,028 Posts
Neanderthal? Speak for yourself. I am not from this planet, you, you, descendant of a Neanderthal, you. I am a higher life form from, ah, ummm...The Upper Pleiades...yeah, that's it! The Upper Pleiades!

·
WINNING...humbly
3,704 Posts
Today we look nothing like our ansestors looked like mear 40,000 years ago. Amazing how fast humans appearance can change in response to the environment they are in. You can plant the Maroccans in Iceland and they most likely become blue-eyed and blond-haired in a couple thousand years. Fascinating, isn't it.

·
12,007 Posts
Today we look nothing like our ansestors looked like mear 40,000 years ago. Amazing how fast humans appearance can change in response to the environment they are in. You can plant the Maroccans in Iceland and they most likely become blue-eyed and blond-haired in a couple thousand years. Fascinating, isn't it.
Actually, I don't think this is really true. We are pretty much identical to our H0m0sapien ancestors from over 150,000 years ago. We just shave and dress up more. The real difference is in our preferred fashion and grooming standards.

Neanderthals also looked very similar to us as well, only shorter, with a slightly more sloped forehead, but larger rear brain case. I can easily see how interbreeding could have, and most likely did occur.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Neanderthals also looked very similar to us as well, only shorter, with a slightly more sloped forehead, but larger rear brain case. I can easily see how interbreeding could have, and most likely did occur.
Yep. Back in the day there wasn't too much that was more sexually attractive than a sloped forehead and large rear brain case. :D:

Good and interesting info, though, seriously. Thanks!!

·
WINNING...humbly
3,704 Posts
Actually, I don't think this is really true. We are pretty much identical to our H0m0sapien ancestors from over 150,000 years ago. We just shave and dress up more. The real difference is in our preferred fashion and grooming standards.

I don't know how you can say that. Our height, skin color, hair, eyes, noses, etc., all that was a result of adaptation to the environment our ansestors had to cope with.

I am pretty sure when the homosapiens came out of Africa they looked somewhat dark. Later when they were pushing up north the skin started to lighten up so they absorb that little light that was present in that part of the world.

Because of the cold air the noses were getting smaller(nose is a part of our cooling system). In a cold climat you need to preserve as much of the body heat as you can.

I agree that the bone stucture have not changed over that many years but the facial features certanly have.

·
Registered
900 Posts
They say a dog can be transformed into a fox by a 6-pack. Wonder what they used for beer back then?
Or...a 10 is a 4 and a 6-pack. Your post made me think of that YouTube video with the fermented fruit that all the African animals would eat and get drunk on. Hilarious!! I certainly don't have a clue about Neanderthal ovulatory cycles but it may have coincided with that fruit tree.

I think that today these characteristics are probably expressed in differing responses to threat or stress stimuli. Some will reason it out more than others who go right into physical action. This theory has no scientific basis that I know of.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.