Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm a new member on here and I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a 15 year old female from Connecticut and I found this wensite through Google whilst I was searching for ideas on how to bring on how to bring a shelter on a deserted island,if anything like that happened. I love reading(especially Lord of the Flies), swimming,planning for disaster,playing with my to puppies,and alot of other stuff that I can't remember right now. I have always thought of what would happen if I got stuck on a deserted island.If it is okay, could you guys comment and give me suggestions on my plan?

My Survival Plan:

Who: me,my mom and brother,my crush,some of the cute freshmen and sophomore boys, and all my closest friends.

What: class trip to Bahamas :D: ,my mom and brother chaperoned for the free trip to the Bahamas heehee ;)

When: In a couple years or so...

How: Engine failure and crash landed on a large island.

Stuff on hand: 3 flashlights, first aid kit, water purification tablets, duct tape, a couple magazines, toiletries, and wearing my bathing suit.

Shelter plans: The shelter we plan to build has 4 walls with slots for windows, and a thatch roof, and an opening for a door. Also, there would be thatch beds on the floor and lights by each bed and a small table made from sticks in the middle. We would also have shells and other stuff we found on the beach hanging from vines on the ceiling.I know, it is a little over the top, but hey, at least it's something.

Water source: waterfall a little way into the forest

No one else on the island.

Maybe a couple romances ;)

·
Countin bodies like sheep
77 Posts
Good to see you proactive and young, at that.

Like me, it appears that you have come about the desire to learn how to survive from reading. Always a good place to start.

As far your plan goes, it should be less about what you expect to happen, and more about preparing for unexpected variables.

For example: The chances of you landing on a deserted island with a fresh water source are essentially nil. Landing on a deserted island where it rains often is a lot more feasible. Instead of thinking that you will be ok because there will just happen to be a waterfall, learn from the fine, smart individuals on these boards how to harvest water from everything. That way, if your island does not have a waterfall, you will know exactly what to do to survive. If your island DOES have a waterfall, its just an added bonus.

Depending on the island and resources on hand, your shelter design may suffer, especially the part about the vines. Vines, as close to natures rope as you can get. It would have many other, more essential uses than decoration, but again, it depends entirely on your resources and circumstances.

Welcome!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome survivor girl,

Looks like you enjoy daydreaming a bit hehe, i've done it myself, and its really cool, but as involved6 said, the important thing here is to learn skills that'll help you survive in different and sometimes adverse scenarios, and this is a great place for it! Anyway, your attitude and ideas are a good way to start!
See ya around, and good luck!

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
I hope I get stranded on an island with a plane full of supermodels!!!:D::D::D:

Ah well enough fantasy.

Truely, if your serious about learn survival at your age I would strongly consider volunteering for The Civil Air Patrol (CAP)- United States Air Force Auxilary.
Why, I was 16 years old and was intrested in joining the active Air Force when I left high school. Granted their is NO obligation to join the air force or any other service branch. If you do want to join a service branch it can help in early promotions in enlisted grades and slots for military academies (any service).

When I say this don't confuse this with the Jr ROTC, which stands for junior Reserve Officers Training Corp. These are the junior programes of the collage based ROTC's, but are offered in some area high schools.

Their good programes if one enters the military for they teach leadership and aeronatucial education. But CAP does the same with the exception that both Senior (adult) and cadets (members under 18 years of age) are after qaulifcation training able to be dispatched in Search And Rescue (SAR) missions for the active USAF! Part of the basic training for sar is a basic survival course. Some are taught by active air force members. Then you can be eligable for advanced schooling. That really can get exciting!!:thumb:

The secret is volunter as much as possiable in the SAR career track of skills as long as you have a good discipline record, and good grades in school and CAP courses you can go far. You'll learn basic/advanced First Aid, CPR, Radio usage and getting licensed to use it, use of direction finding gear, basic wilderness survival (hint go on lots of bivouacs, military camp outs) and in some cases advanced SAR readniess school might be required by you wing.

Along with this learn from as many sources as possiable, books magazines, web sights, ect to learn new skills and apply them in the field in both practice
and real world applications. By doing this one can get experiance that most children and adults wish they had.

If you wonder if you can fly the answer is yes, each squadron will tell how you can get involved in the wings cadet flight programes.

I look forward to more posts from you on this board in the future.

Rifleman 336

·
Got any beer money?
371 Posts
Hello, and welcome.

You say you like to read. So I would quickly like to suggest two books for you to get started preping for disaster (in this order):

Cody Lundin's "98.6 Degrees: The Art of Keeping Your A$$ Alive"

and, then

John "Lofty" Wiseman's "SAS Survival Guide"

If you read and understand both of these books, then practice as many of the techniques you can, you will be well on your way to preparidness.

(I hope your parents warned you about not using your real name and address on the internet - EVER.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts