Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new on this website. I'm from Slovenia - a small ex-Yugoslavian country placed between Italy, Austria and Croatia.
Ever since i can remember i loved, and still do, outside activites like mountenering, hikeing, fishing, camping, gardening ... , and it was because of that i get interested in survivalisem, but more on nature survival like navigation, fire and shelter makeing, cooking on fire. I went out in the woods and tried surviving out there. And i loved it. Still do it sometimes now with my two doughters (two and six years old) and my wife of course (she would not be happy if she read this and i would not mentioned her).

In more extreme survivalism (like preparing for major disaster) i first became more interested couple of years back mainly because of the big media coverage of the bird flu and possibilites of deveping in nasty pandemic. Then i first thought, maybe it would not be bad if a man has some basic item prepared. It makes me feel confortable to know i am not totaly dependand on others.

I try not to owerdo in my preparation, like spending huge amounts of money buying anything that remotly smells like it could be usefull in case of any kind of emergancy, nor i let this controls my way of life. I mean what's the point if you speend all your life preparing for something bad and than nothing bad happens? You have waisted your life!

But i must admit i actualy like this prepardness think. It is relaxing to me. It is realy great feeling to know you are not totaly dependant on others and have some resourses and knowledge to live quite normaly even if something realy bad happenss. And all your regular problems seems so insignificant when you compare them to this "could be" stuff.

I enjoy working in my garden, pruning my fruit trees, fixing old stuff and i just love the smell of gasoline from chainsaw, mixed up whit the smell of freshly cut tree. I would be doing this stuff even if i had a garantee from god himself that nothing bad is going to happen in the next 100 years.

Best regards to all,

Dejan

·
Registered
108 Posts
Dejan..welcome from Tennessee..sounds like your on the ball..one of the rules I go by is that most everything one has can be used again for something..even in the trash we throw away..warm up a can of beans..think on what you can use that can for after you wash it out..put in some rolled up corrugated* carboard in strips..some parafin wax and you have a great fire starter..you get the idea Im sure

·
Getting Ready
30 Posts
Welcome!

I look forward to hearing your point of view on the discussions here. Welcome!
CDC

·
Registered
32 Posts
welcome welcome

Greetings from across the pond. My brother studies the folk heritage in that part of the world. What a beautiful place! I have scene pictures. I am also new here and there is a WEALTH of information to read up on and learn.

A quick Google map satellite pictures of Slovenia shows lots of forests in your neck of the woods.

Good luck from the Eastern US.

Welcome from Sweden. I enjoyed reading your introduction.
+1!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts