Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
It's a trick...get an axe
128 Posts
I've told my closest family and friends to keep an eye on the news. When they abandon the dollar, drop everything and get to the grocery store and Home-Depot. You'll have less than 48 hours before everyone else figures it out.

Watch the dominos fall.

·
128 Posts
Ha! I was typing and replied and didn't even see our "domino" comments. Like minds, like minds....:)

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
The rest of the world is not going to be far behind.

Spain, Portugal and France are on their way down.

I'm surprised that Irland is so quiet.

If these countries were smart, they would take a really close look at what Iceland is doing.

They told the rest of the world bankers to shove it.

God bless and keep on prepping.

·
128 Posts
True, but everything I'm reading today says that although the dollar sucks, it's the best option still. In fact, US Treasuries is where they are putting their money...that and gold.

·
Patiently Waiting
6,086 Posts
The dollar isn't healthy yet.
Three odd years ago my grandmother fell and broke her hip (mmm...what else happened three odd years ago?). While in hospital she had a stroke and then a heart attack. She's still alive, but she aint' healthy.

And she's younger than the dollar.

"He tells a story about an acquaintance who took out €30,000, wrapped it in a bag and stashed it in his garage. "The bag had previously had some food inside," he says. "So it attracted rats, who ate the notes.""

So glad you can't eat gold or silver!

·
Svensk hamster
3,088 Posts
Italy, Greece, Spain and Portugal are dead economies. Corrupt and withot any solution to their problems in sight. The politicians in these countries have been buying votes with borrowed money and they get what they deserve now. Ignore them.

There will, however, be significant drops in the stock markets globally, which means it is soon time to buy. I will buy stocks in oil, minerals & energy companies. Also, canned food, pasta, flour, salt, sugar, cooking oil, coffee will be bought. Why not, I will eat next year as well. Not only do I think food prices will go up the comming years thanks to bad crops, it also helps the economy going. It is much better to spend now and help your country's economy, than to sit on your cash and let the economy slip into the abyss. People fail to see the connection. "The future is looking grim, better to save money now if things turn bad". Well things will turn bad because of *******s who sit on their cash and watch it loose its value.

·
Free Your Mind
982 Posts
Too bad the Greeks abandoned their Drachma in favor of the Euro. They could have "printed" their way to salvation like the U.S. is doing with the FRN... The Euro is dying... a short breath or two before the USD. My "bank" has only one depositor... Me.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Three odd years ago my grandmother fell and broke her hip (mmm...what else happened three odd years ago?). While in hospital she had a stroke and then a heart attack. She's still alive, but she aint' healthy.

And she's younger than the dollar.

"He tells a story about an acquaintance who took out €30,000, wrapped it in a bag and stashed it in his garage. "The bag had previously had some food inside," he says. "So it attracted rats, who ate the notes.""

So glad you can't eat gold or silver!

That would be my luck
store a bunch of FRNs and end up with a box of mouse turds.:rolleyes:

·
Let us reason together
5,605 Posts
I've told my closest family and friends to keep an eye on the news. When they abandon the dollar, drop everything and get to the grocery store and Home-Depot. You'll have less than 48 hours before everyone else figures it out.

Watch the dominos fall.

I agree. Any ideas of how we will learn that the dollar has been dropped? Somehow I don't think it will be announced. Instead, it seems that it will be a quite ripple subtly happening under the radar and by the time even those of us who are watching learn of it find out - we will be well within that 48 hour window.

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
Well, it probably wasn't "the Greeks". A nation's economic policy is always written by its government (financial private elite and politically elite, the banksters, etc.), and by influential foreign interests (global banksters). Greece's economy was gamed by Goldman-Sachs. The Greek elite probably saw the Euro as a bigger set of shells for the shell-game already in progress.

Too bad the Greeks abandoned their Drachma in favor of the Euro. They could have "printed" their way to salvation like the U.S. is doing with the FRN... The Euro is dying... a short breath or two before the USD. My "bank" has only one depositor... Me.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts