Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Maker
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am a new member on this forum, i have been lurking around on this and other survival forums for awhile and decided to start posting so i figured i would say hello first. just some information about myself, i am a law enforcement recruit in Florida and i am about halfway through the academy right now. i live in a small town with no stop lights and a lot of dirt roads.I am a bad speller so i will do my best to make sure you can read my posts. please feel free to correct my spelling at anytime. I like to go camping,fishing and hunting. i like shooting firearms and my bow. i love my dog (she is a ridgeback) and i enjoy thia food and double whoppers. anyway,that is enough of that for now, i will see you all in the threads. thank you for you time.

john

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
welcome from NC

·
I'm keeping my eye on you
2,204 Posts
Welcome to the site. Florida here.

This is offered as friendly advice from someone who has been there. It is great that you recognize areas like spelling that you need to work on. The law enforcement field requires a tremendous amount of paperwork, to include very precisely worded arrest affidavits. Take the extra time and proof-read everything you write to assure the spelling, grammar and punctuation is correct. It will pay off big time during your career. Your reports will be read and scrutinized by people you will never meet and they will all form their opinion of you as a law enforcement professional based solely on what they read. The spell-check and grammar-check functions on your computer will help you learn what your mistake are.

Good luck in your carreer and again, welcome to the site.

·
The Maker
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thank you for the advice. when i was writing my reports in class i made sure to edit and proofread everything i wrote because my instructors did stress that a DA will have a field day on misspelled words and i do not want to look stupid. i was just warning everyone ahead of time because i tend to get in a hurry on forums( as you can see by the misspelling in the subject of my post. lol) but i am working on it and i am trying to take my time and reread everything.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Welcome from a fellow floridian!

I just ask that when you are out of the acadamey and on the beat, at all cost resist the temptations that will be thrown at you to do the wrong kinds of things, I'm sure you know what I mean and make no mistake they will come. Unfortunateley where I live most of the officers are crooked in one way or the other. Stay straight my brother! I have full confidence. By the way I can't spell for anything either!!!!!!!!!

Tbull:cool:

·
The Maker
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i am sorry that you have had so many bad experiences officers around you.i live in central Florida as well and i have never had a problem but i have been told a ot of horror stories. it is sad that people can not trust all police officers because it makes it very hard for the good ones to do their job, but i can assure you i want to serve my community to the fullest extent and i strive hard everyday to be a moral , ethical person and i would never do anything to sully my reputation or the reputation of my school or the agency i plan to work for. i hope that you can have a better experience with the police in the future than you have in the past. keep hope alive because they are not all bad. and please do not be afraid to report anything you feel is a problem(a lot of people feel like the police can not get in trouble for the things they do) because the police dislike crooked officers just as much as you do and something will be done about the problem. good luck in your town and thank you for your post.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Walcott,
I have not had any bad experiences myself, I just know alot of local police officers and it just floors me to hear some of the things that come out of their mouth. I would not say we are friends but I know them. You are right it is to bad, just keeps me on my toes. It is totally amazing how much a man can get out of if he knows the right people or has the right dirt on them. I feel certain you will keep your nose clean, after all you are here, that says alot!!! :thumb:

Tbull:cool:

·
The Maker
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its good to see so many people from florida on this forum. the last forum i went to had like 3 people from our state on it. its nice to meet you all and thank you for the polite welcome.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts