Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
May the Lord be with us
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rush reports that the George Clooney telethon for Haiti raised a tremendous $66 million. (I wonder how much of this will go to actually help the needy vs. how much will disappear, be lost to theft, be embezzled, or otherwise be wasted...).

Anyway, given the deficit created by this "Administration," if such a telethon were held every day from this day on, and each day $66 million was raised, the newly created deficit would be paid off in.... 158 years!!!!

:mad:

·
"Somebody Get a Rope"
1,187 Posts
Sooner than later Haiti will have to stand on it's own. The first Sunday after the quake, I gave all that I could afford for Haition relief at church.

Same goes for bailing out the bozos in Washington... I've given all I can afford.

elgin

Reactions: Goethic

·
May the Lord be with us
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sooner than later Haiti will have to stand on it's own. The first Sunday after the quake, I gave all that I could afford for Haition relief at church.

Same goes for bailing out the bozos in Washington... I've given all I can afford.

elgin
God Bless You Brother. I hear you, and I too have given on both fronts. It's one of those situations where the heart and mind do battle: you want to give and help the less fortunate; the rational side, however, wonders what will become of the money you have given. And if past performance is a quality indicator of future events - which is usually the case - a substantial portion will be misused.

I definitely agree with the Biblical Principle that one should teach another to fish instead of dropping off a C-130 full of fish every day or two...

·
May the Lord be with us
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you mean "How is this ever going to be okay ?" ?
It isn't.
Our only hope is a massive exodus - via the election process - of liberal democrats, er I mean progressives, and RINO Republicans in the 2010 elections and their replacement by conservative Republicans, and/or highly conservative, independent thinking democrats...

then in 2012, we crate another one term left wing president a la Jimmy Carter...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts