Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought some of these a while back from sportsman's guide. These are cheap and great for carrying about 1/2 brick of 22 ammo. Here is their description:

WATERPROOF: Get 5 used U.S. Military Decon Cases right here, right now!

Forecast: 70% rain! Recon with Decon. These Cases shed water like off a duck's back to keep your important gear and contents bone dry.

100% waterproof plastic body
Snap top
Approx. 3 x 2 1/4 x 4 1/2" h.
Belt loop and snap clip.
Condition: used, in very good shape. Get your 5-fer to keep goods powder dry during storms or on the water!
They are selling a 5 pack for $20.

decon.jpg

Mine work great...thought I'd share. :thumb:

·
Registered
52 Posts
How many boxes of the .22 ammo do ya figure you can fit in each? (for instance I buy the 500 rd bricks of Winchester Super X, comes in the 10 - 50rd boxes per brick) Asking as I dont know if you packed yours loose or boxed.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Every day I take vitamins, because I like to. 2 kinds, 1 multi vitamin, and than 2 of those "flex right" pills that help on your ligaments and cartlidge. Anyways, they come in these really nice sized plastic pill bottles. They got wide mouths with snap tight lids, which can also be screwed on and off.

I use those bottles for alot of things, including keeping my 22 rounds in them. One bottle holds close to half a brick and can keep it in a coat pocket, some of my pants side pockets or in any pocket to any of the ruck sacks I own. Pretty handy not to mention its "free" since I buy the vitamins anyhow.

·
Not Totally Clueless
591 Posts
I wear glasses - when I am out day shooting I use my clip on the belt cases (usually free with each pair of glasses I buy) to hold about 200- 250 22 shells right on my hip.

·
Wanderer
477 Posts
I have one of these I have had for years. I bought it at a flea market years back took it home and cleaned it out. When ever I am going out to the wood for a day or two I break down a couple packs of cigarettes and put them in the case. The one I have you can almost fit 2 packs of regular cigs in with a Zippo laying on top of them. If you are a 100's type of person you could do the same with out the zippo. As previously state they keep things dry. I have been through rain, fallen in creeks, and jumped in once with the container on my belt not thinking not a single smoke got wet.

D.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How many boxes of the .22 ammo do ya figure you can fit in each? (for instance I buy the 500 rd bricks of Winchester Super X, comes in the 10 - 50rd boxes per brick) Asking as I dont know if you packed yours loose or boxed.
I figure about 1/2 a box...have never counted exactly but that's my guestimation..YMMV ;)

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, just found a use for my peanut butter containers and such.
I use my old peanut butter jars for rice...stored in a cool place i've eaten some that was 3 years old...was ok.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I thought I was the only person using these for ammo and small survival kits. I have seen these at surplus stores for as low as a buck each. They work great.

·
Inglourious Basterd
2,966 Posts
I have one of these I have had for years. I bought it at a flea market years back took it home and cleaned it out. When ever I am going out to the wood for a day or two I break down a couple packs of cigarettes and put them in the case.
Smoking in the woods ? People like you have personally destroyed millions of acres of forests ,by smoking cigs in the woods. I'm not trying to take this post in another direction ,but some people just **** me off with their addictions and ignorance.

·
Banned
317 Posts
Using them for the past three years.........have tree of them in my bug out bag.

One for a mini first aid, another one for two lighters-mini compas- sewing kit- mini light with extra batteries and so on, and the third one for cash- silver rounds-ammo and a lot more.

Filled my bathroom sink and lef them there for three days and at the end of the test everything was bone dry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Smoking in the woods ? People like you have personally destroyed millions of acres of forests ,by smoking cigs in the woods. I'm not trying to take this post in another direction ,but some people just **** me off with their addictions and ignorance.
I know when I smoked in the woods, i carried out every cig butt I carried in and also made sure every butt and ash was completely out. I dont have a problem with peoples addictions, just as long as they are responsible and dont bother others.

·
Registered
880 Posts
You can get at least 65 rounds in those small rounded plastic TicTac containers.

At least 85 in those slightly larger plastic containers with the square pieces of Ice Breakers gum...

·
Registered
645 Posts
You can get at least 65 rounds in those small rounded plastic TicTac containers.

At least 85 in those slightly larger plastic containers with the square pieces of Ice Breakers gum...
Oh really...you must be talking about something other than .22lr rounds because there is absolutly no way you can fit 65 rounds into a dinky tic-tac box. BB's maybe but definatly not real ammo.

·
Registered
141 Posts
whoa, you need to chill out.....

why not try a cigarette:thumb:

as long as your not careless, it's not an issue, unless your smoking a cigar in a field of incredibly dry grass

honestly chill out, i don't leave a trace of where i stay and i pack out more trash than i bring( no i don't bring trash up into the woods) its careless people that kill the acres of forestland

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Did you get them figures from Fox news? Greenpeace? I get mad at ignorance period, maybe you should research things prior to talking about something you have no facts to support. Millions......Simply priceless.

Relax, have a drink and a smoke. Its tree huggers in Cali that rub start forestfires.
YMMV :)

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts

You gotta watch them tic tac containers, in the cold they will break super easy.

Here is the conclusion that I came to, and ultimately it isn't feasible.

I don't mind the size of the box of 50, its just that its cheap cardboard and really doesn't protect the shells when out in the field. My thoughts originally were to contact one of the companies that make centerfire boxes for reloaders and have them make up a snap lid, o-ring sealed box for 50 rimfire carts. Well after a dozen or so emails, I was basically told it was a go no where idea. Thats what I want, a mini centerfire box for my rimfires :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts