Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Surviving selling labor
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gander Mountain has the Bushmaster Carbon-15 on sale Nov. 26th (Black Friday) for only $599. The version they have is the same configuration as the above link. It will be available in-store only, limit one per customer, no rain checks. For $350 off their regular price it's worth fighting the crowd.

They have a bunch of women's outdoor clothes for sale as well so you fellas can kill two birds with one stone.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'd go into this with my eyes wide open before running off to Gander Mountain.

Be an informed consumer. These rifles have had a fair amount of reported reliability / QC issues.

From what you could gather with one Google search on the the error-net, I'd equate buying a Carbon 15 for $599 is only one step up from lighting that money on fire.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I've heard bad things about the carbon 15. Anyone have any specifics?

It could be just bs but a carbon fiber receiver seems fishy to me too.

·
Hangin in There
820 Posts
You got to watch those type of sales. Sure they'll sale that particular rifle for $599 but only have 10 rifles in each store. You'll be competing with another 200 guys for that rifle. Even if you get there and are in the front of the line that doesn't mean they won't do a lottery for the rifles. 5 years ago Black Friday was something descent to do, but nowadays I question even if it's worth it with the chance they could do a lottery or have a low quantity of the products on sale.

·
Your move Sparky...
7,782 Posts
Pardon my ignorance guys.

When I was training, a mean buttstroke to the chin followed up by a twisting stab was an effective activity to engage while reloading. I just don't see this rifle doing that, and if it could I don't see carbon fiber being strong enough to support it more than a few times.

Please enlighten me as to the possibilities and allow me to let go of my ignorant ways.

·
Ringin Your Gong From 600
7,683 Posts

When I was training, a mean buttstroke to the chin followed up by a twisting stab was an effective activity to engage while reloading. I just don't see this rifle doing that, and if it could I don't see carbon fiber being strong enough to support it more than a few times.

Please enlighten me as to the possibilities and allow me to let go of my ignorant ways.
In constrast, how effective a rifle will be at stabbing and butt-stroking is probably the last thing I consider.

·
Banned
8,012 Posts

butt stroking, lol.

carbon fiber is 2x the strentgh of steel and 1/2 the weight of aluminum. if it can be used for race car beaks, im pretty sure it can handle cracking somebody's slacked jaw.

·
Your move Sparky...
7,782 Posts
In constrast, how effective a rifle will be at stabbing and butt-stroking is probably the last thing I consider.
To each his own.

Let me guess, you intend to engage all of your enemies at BZO and will never have to go room to room?

Nice!

·
+Adcock
3,102 Posts
I don't plan on engaging anyone personally but in the event it happens I doubt that the carbon fiber receiver will be an issue.

·
Pig eatin' Infidel!
163 Posts
Check out slickguns.com for up to date gun and ammo prices.
I saw a Bushmaster AR for $515.00 last week and that included S&H. I do not remember what "store" was selling them.
This AR had forward assist,a real front sight,dust door cover, carrying handle in other words it was all there.
I was going to buy one but I recently spent too much on ammo. I didn't want to raise the red flag and make my wife mad at me, again.
It is better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission

1 - 20 of 25 Posts