Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First attempt to share - here it goes:

I just purchased a Smith & Wesson Special Tactical
folding lock blade.
I have now had it for two weeks and it is a nice knife
for $10 bucks!
The blade is three inches long, and the handle is non-slip hard rubber.
It's not the fanciest knife, but looks good, and the price
is right.
Drop by your nearest Academy and pick one up for your
spare,or to give as a gift.
Hope this shows that a tool doesn't have to be expensive
to do a decent job. Also, not bad when you're on a budget.
Thanks for letting me share.

jz

·
V
21,713 Posts
What makes it special and tactical? :taped:

Sounds like a good buy got any pic's?

How does it compare to other knives in the same price bracket? Opinel or some other?

·
Improvise Adapt Overcome!
12,005 Posts
I have allways be very nervous about cheap knives. At $10.00 I would be concerned that it is a cheap Chinese knock off that is going to break when you need it most.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I can't imagine a Smith & Wesson for 10 bucks. I do like their knives however.
big american knive companies have had to start producing cheap chinese made knives to compete with the chinese companies, i bought a "extreme ops tactical" folder ya it works ok, a screw fell out of the clip, the allen wrench screws are completely stripped from me trying to keep it tight so i used some super glue, also the part where the blade pivots gets loose very easliy, its deccent but not ideal

i do believe that smith and wesson makes good knifes but with knifes its usually you get what you pay for if a knife costs less than 20-30$ you better only be trusting it to open boxes and not survive a bug-out evacuation or simlar high stress situation

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
big american knive companies have had to start producing cheap chinese made knives to compete with the chinese companies, i bought a "extreme ops tactical" folder ya it works ok, a screw fell out of the clip, the allen wrench screws are completely stripped from me trying to keep it tight so i used some super glue, also the part where the blade pivots gets loose very easliy, its deccent but not ideal

i do believe that smith and wesson makes good knifes but with knifes its usually you get what you pay for if a knife costs less than 20-30$ you better only be trusting it to open boxes and not survive a bug-out evacuation or simlar high stress situation
There are many well known high quality name brand knives available for decent prices. For example Wallyworld sells a CRKT M16 for 19 bucks and change. They also sell a buck folder for 30, but the CRKT is twice the knife in quality and reliability. Price does not guaranty nor disqualify quality. Simply put, as with any tool before you depend on it make sure it will hold up and do what you need REGARDLESS of what you paid for it.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
That looks like a fine knife...how do you like it? I am looking for a new folder...
it's large and hefty and opens in a flash,,, buy it! and it is RAZOR sharp right out of the box
Almost forgot, order on a weekend, shipping is cheaper, and while you are looking check out their pistol and rifle magazines and specials

1 - 12 of 12 Posts