Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
OMG, when did they start putting IRON in cereals?!

Don't they do this experiment in like middle school science class?

And I just love YouTube videos where they say absolutely nothing.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Graphene has magnetic properties and I'm sure it can be added to anything. However, iron has always been added as a supplement to cereals along with all of the other things on the nutritional labels. Cereals are manufactured in paste form, with all kinds of things added to the mix, included (micro) granular iron. Most likely what we're seeing in the video is iron. I'd be more worried about the HFCS, the thirty some odd names for it along with aspartame and the thirty some odd names for that.

·
Storyteller
3,395 Posts

"reduced iron":

Too much iron -
There are two types of hemochromatosis: primary and secondary. Primary hemochromatosis is an inherited condition that causes the body to absorb too much iron. Most people absorb about 1 milligram of iron per day, which gives the body what it needs. However, people with hemochromatosis absorb about four times that amount.

Secondary hemochromatosis is triggered by consuming too much iron from food or supplements, medical conditions such as liver diseases, or treatments like multiple blood transfusions.

Need extra iron?
Money quote
"Iron-deficiency anemia is considered to be the most prevalent form of anemia in the United States ..."
and
Ferrous salts (ferrous fumarate, ferrous sulfate, and ferrous gluconate) are the best absorbed iron supplements and are often considered the standard compared with other iron salts.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
14,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So all of y'all don't care that we are eating metal shavings? Think of what that does to our bodies?

·
Storyteller
3,395 Posts
Graphene is an allotrope of carbon consisting of a single layer of atoms arranged in a two-dimensional honeycomb lattice nanostructure.

Kinda like charcoal, only real flat,..

and
Graphene is found in charred roasted meat and also in plant charcoal, which is present in the infant's gripe water. Graphene as graphene oxide (GO) is produced on charring the surface of meat on a barbecue forming nitrogen doped GO originating from the pyrolysis of protein in air. The unintentional intake of such nano carbon stained cooked meat is a traditional delicacy. The presence of graphene and nano carbon particles in plant charcoal, used in the branded formulation of gripe water applied for stomach ailments in infants as a medicine, strongly refutes the toxicity of such nano carbons in humans.
(Involuntary graphene intake with food and medicine)

·
Storyteller
3,395 Posts
Ya,ya, ya
gripe water

"Gripe water is a non-prescription product sold in many countries around the world to relieve colic and other gastrointestinal ailments and discomforts of infants. No evidence supports the efficacy of gripe water and one limited study in India questions whether the consumption of gripe water is related to vomiting in babies that already showed signs of colic. [1] The original formula contained alcohol and sugar in addition to sodium bicarbonate and dill oil. Present-day products do not contain alcohol, and may contain fennel, ginger, chamomile or lemon balm in addition to or replacement for dill oil. Some gripe water products still contain sugar, while others may contain charcoal. Amounts given are one to several teaspoons (5 ml = one teaspoon) per day "

One word here - DON'T.

Why?
Laudanum is why....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laudanum - why we have laws...

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
36,688 Posts
OMG, when did they start putting IRON in cereals?!

Don't they do this experiment in like middle school science class?

And I just love YouTube videos where they say absolutely nothing.
Even too much iron in males can be dangerous. Adult women need to replenish iron after their "monthly" but iron collects in the male body and in the bodies of underaged children.

Reactions: TXplowgirl

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
17,620 Posts
Worse than that, almonds, to which I am allergic.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Hey cool I have to take an Iron pill every day...should check if it's magnetic.
You'd think of all the iron dust I've must have breathed in my working career I would have stores of it.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
14,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't give up too soon. Processed foods have plenty of crap in it. I wouldn't eat the junk with or without Graphene.
Not giving up. I've kicked out all processed foods for the last 7 months and have lost 40 lbs because I gave up carbs and sugar. I finally realized the drs are here not to help us get better but to keep us sick. Once I got rid of the drs are here to help thought I took my health into my own hands. I feel better now than I have in the last 10 years. I just didn't know this crap has been in our foods all this time. No wonder the majority of people are so chronically sick.

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
36,688 Posts
Not giving up. I've kicked out all processed foods for the last 7 months and have lost 40 lbs because I gave up carbs and sugar. I finally realized the drs are here not to help us get better but to keep us sick. Once I got rid of the drs are here to help thought I took my health into my own hands. I feel better now than I have in the last 10 years. I just didn't know this crap has been in our foods all this time. No wonder the majority of people are so chronically sick.
You're an inspiration. It's so easy to become complacent about weight and just accept that we're going to be overweight and suffer the consequences (mobility issues, joint pain, digestive issues, self-worth issues, etc.). That is until something clicks inside and we start taking real action. What good is it to "survive" if we have to do so with ultra-high blood pressure or a dialysis machine?

Reactions: TXplowgirl

·
Registered
282 Posts
I did the same, lost 28lbs going low to no carb.
Cut out sweets, bread and flour permanently.
Feels great.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts