Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I barely caught some news last night as I was falling asleep. They were talking about the guns sold in Texas and the DHS fiasco. There was a line though from someone on the panel who mentioned how bad it was, because "they had GPS tracking devises in the guns that they sold to the criminals just like they have in our soldiers guns in Afghanistan."

Interesting implications and something to think about..........

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am inclined to think this all just BS.
could be, I just barely caught that line and figured I would throw it up here for discussion.

It does seem to me though to be a very good idea for the military to put GPS trackers in our soldiers guns. This way you could keep track of their positions and find insurgents who capture weapons.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
What I understood it to be was only an inventory aid for the weapons and as far as the troops I had heard it was being considered for medical records reasons.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I understood it to be was only an inventory aid for the weapons and as far as the troops I had heard it was being considered for medical records reasons.
The RFID thing then makes a whole lot more sense. Sounds like the news guy doesn't understand the difference between the two.

·
Registered
725 Posts
It would seem that the GPS tracking would require some type of power source for it to operate over an extended period. It would also have to transmit its location for someone to find it. The RFID would be a passive device not requiring a power supply. This makes much more sense to me, but who knows if the information is accurate.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
It does seem to me though to be a very good idea for the military to put GPS trackers in our soldiers guns. This way you could keep track of their positions and find insurgents who capture weapons.
Exactly, and if this was the case why would we have any MIA military on the battle field?

I remember almost 6 months ago or more there was a similar thread here on the boards about GPS tracked MRE's. And it was just simply untrue.

Someone out there is seeing the bar codes on these items and takes them for GPS tracking, when all it is for is inventory, the same way stores inventory their stock. They have a scanner gun that scans the item/s, tells them who the weapon is issued (probably for the last five years) to and accounts for that weapon in their storage, that's it.

The military doesn't have the funding for things like this. He**, for the last five years my prior commands have been fighting tooth and nail just to purchase the gear required for their Marines to do their job per the orders these commands are suppose to be governed by.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
I watched the news on it and they did say the weapons did have gps tracking on them
K, no offense dude, I was really good friends with several armors in my old BN armory, almost every weapons from standard issue to specialty weapons, not one of them had GPS.

Even did several complete armors grade dis and nas and not once was any chip involved.

But believe what you want to believe.

·
Deus exsisto laus
3,963 Posts
I would not doubt the government would implant RFID or some type of chip in soldiers. They would like to have all of us chipped, but if they just came out and ordered it people would freak. They have to approach it slowly, incrementally. Get people used to the idea. Sell it as a security device. The sales pitch will be "locating abducted / lost children", who could POSSIBLY be against that? Crime reduction could be another pitch. You scan your hand to punch in at work, direct deposit to your bank account, swipe your hand at the check out register, money is deducted from your bank account. Benefits to you: no more pesky cash, identification cards, credit cards, Sam's club cards to be lost or stolen,$$ available quickly, even daily if hyperinflation demanded it, help can be more available since emergency services can track you. Benefits to corporate America: wage slave tied to the system, paperwork reduction,host of other benefits. Benefit to government: Millions of "lost" tax dollars recovered due to no more cash / under the table transactions, ability to monitor you...what? You thought they would tell you EVERYTHING that chip does? It's the wave of the future. TP

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,527 Posts
Exactly, and if this was the case why would we have any MIA military on the battle field?

I remember almost 6 months ago or more there was a similar thread here on the boards about GPS tracked MRE's. And it was just simply untrue.

Someone out there is seeing the bar codes on these items and takes them for GPS tracking, when all it is for is inventory, the same way stores inventory their stock. They have a scanner gun that scans the item/s, tells them who the weapon is issued (probably for the last five years) to and accounts for that weapon in their storage, that's it.
There are a bunch of ignoramuses here who won't let their lack of knowledge of even the most simple things stand in the way of a good conspiracy. Even if it doesn't pass the logic test. It's frustrating to say the least.

·
pro religion atheist
144 Posts
The only time the news media surprise me is when they get something right.
Just like when the seattle news guy a few weeks back. The soldiers were complaining about extra bag fees. One said he was charged for his weapon with the grenade launcher (M203? it's been a while) The news anchor agreed and said "it's just an RPG!" I am suprised when they get it right too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts