Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like all you Folks in Florida will be saving around 18.5 cents a gallon on what will be called a Tax Holiday.

Governor Ron DeSantis announced that during the upcoming legislative session, he is proposing more than $1 billion in gas tax relief for Floridians

Tax Holiday

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Being in Fl.,this caught my eye.
I read the link,and did a search,but still don't know what he is proposing.
All I can tell,it won't be introduced until the Jan.session,and the state tax(not fed or local) is 26.5 cents per gallon.
No clue if he is cancelling thje tax and for how long,or if the tax goes to road only,or general fund?

·
Premium Member
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Being in Fl.,this caught my eye.
I read the link,and did a search,but still don't know what he is proposing.
All I can tell,it won't be introduced until the Jan.session,and the state tax(not fed or local) is 26.5 cents per gallon.
No clue if he is cancelling thje tax and for how long,or if the tax goes to road only,or general fund?
On another link I saw it was mentioning that he was proposing a temporary halt to the Fl. tax on Gasoline and Diesel for residents

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
Florida gas tax to go up to 27.3 in January. Tax holiday to be paid with state reserves, 1 billion would cover tax for 6 months.
Personally while I like spending less I'd rather have money in reserve.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Well,my initial reaction is its just a political"stunt"
It would save me about 1$ a week,others a whole lot more...meanwhile still paying 1.50 a gallon more than last year,but 2$ less than 10 years ago.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
He is emphasizing how gasoline has almost doubled since Biden took office, and Biden hasn't done a thing to stop it, like allowing pipelines from Canada to be built, and allowing drilling on government lands, and offshore drilling. Stopping all of that immediately threw us back into importing oil. We have over 200 million vehicles on America's highways and they will not go away for at least 20 years, even if every car made today was electric. Then the grid will suffer brownouts and blackouts trying to charge the electric cars and will have to resort to burning natural gas, fuel oil, or coal to make more electricity. It takes about 20 years just to get a nuke power plant approved and built. Solar and wind will take a lot of fossil fuel to manufacture the steel, aluminum, melt the glass, etc, to make the equipment.

·
Premium Member
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This isn't Florida, I dare anyone to take the LIE and see how awful that Road is and it is the Main Highway for Long Island. There are sections that are almost falling apart

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Been to Orlando many many times
The roads are normal compared to what I have seen nationwide
The continuous road construction is much like So Cal and comes with lots of congestion and efforts to accommodate all the vehicles

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Orlando is a real exception to the rest of Florida when it comes to roads. When/if they ever get done, it will be good, but they have been working on it for the 11+ years. There are a couple of places in Jacksonville that are the same, but I don't remember when the construction there began. Now that I think about, there is an area around Tallahassee that was started on in the past few years as well, but it doesn't seem to affect traffic as much.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Do I remember correctly that Florida has no state income tax?
Every state needs some sort of income, and usually the fuel tax
is pretty tightly connected to road maintenance.
You are correct, no state tax, but we do have a tourist tax and sales tax on some items. I think they also just pass a tax for online sales as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts