Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Illinois Governor Taken Into Federal Custody
The Chicago Tribune is reporting that Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was pulled from his home in Chicago and put in federal custody Tuesday morning.

FOXNews.com

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Gov. Rod Blagojevich was arrested at his North Side home Tuesday morning. His chief of staff John Harris was taken into federal custody as well.

The criminal complaint by the FBI agents said the two had been arrested on federal corruption charges. Each were arrested on two charges of conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and solicitation of bribery.

Blagojevich and Harris will have an initial appearance in U.S. District Court Tuesday.

The arrest is the latest step in a three-year probe of "pay-to-play politics" in the governor's administration. A statement by U.S. attorney Patrick Fitzgerald said Blagojevich and Harris "allegedly conspired to sell U.S. Senate appointment, engaged in pay-to-play schemes and threatened to withhold state assistance to Tribune Company for Wrigley Field to induce purge of newspaper editorial writers."

Federal authorities were permitted by a judge to record the governor secretly before the November election after raising concerns that a replacement for President-elect Barack Obama would be tainted.

Fitzgerald's office said the 76-page FBI affidavit alleges that Blagojevich was taped conspiring to sell or trade Obama's vacated U.S. Senate seat for financial and other personal benefits for himself and his wife.
According to the affidavit, Blagojevich floated the idea of "a substantial salary for himself at a either a nonprofit foundation or an organization affiliated with labor unions;" a corporate board seat for his wife worth as much as $150,000 a year; promises of campaign funds, including cash up front; and a Cabinet post or ambassadorship for himself.

The Chicago Tribune was first to report that the arrest. Informed Monday of the wiretap, Blagojevich told the Tribune that his discussions were "always lawful" and he defended a close confidant, John Wyma, who turned on him. Wyma as "an honest person who's conducted himself in an honest way," Blagojevich said.

"I should say if anybody wants to tape my conversations, go right ahead, feel free to do it," he said.

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
Holy Crap!!!

Do you realize this is the same guy that yesterday spoke out in favor of those workers that occupy that factory!!!

He told the BANK OF AMERICA YESTERDAY THEY WOULD GET NOTHING FROM THE STATE UNLESS THEY REINSTATED CREDIT FOR THAT COMPANY.

People, who runs this country?

The BANKS!!!

This is so obvious and outrageous.

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
Holy Crap!!!

Do you realize this is the same guy that yesterday spoke out in favor of those workers that occupy that factory!!!

He told the BANK OF AMERICA YESTERDAY THEY WOULD GET NOTHING FROM THE STATE UNLESS THEY REINSTATED CREDIT FOR THAT COMPANY.

People, who runs this country?

The BANKS!!!

This is so obvious and outrageous.
I was just going to say that. I smell something fishy in Illinois.

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
Illinois Threat to Bank of America Is Dangerous

[link to www.bloomberg.com]

Dec. 9 (Bloomberg) -- Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich’s threat to halt the state’s dealings with Bank of America Corp. over a shut-down factory in Chicago extends a “dangerous” trend of politicians meddling with commerce, a former general counsel of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. said.

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Oh Gee. A Chicago politician that takes bribes. Big Bill Thompson and Al Capone were not even the first on this, it went back to the old mob in the turn of the century. Nothing changed all these years up to the present.

Now we have a prez from the same political clan. oh goody. He can be trusted right?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
and FOX is exaggerating it. wow what a shock.
BS FX. Illinios has the HIGHEST rate of Gubertorial (SP?) Incarceration---50%. So Please to do not sit there and try to defend this. Noone is saying the your messiah is involved. It just looks highly suspicious given the political history of that state.

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
anyone else notice that in news stories about this that -- uh -- he doesnt seem to have a party affiliation?

not sure what it is but im sure he isnt republican ---- cause that would be in CAPS.

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
or is John just practicing ---- "preemptive denial"

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
or is John just practicing ---- "preemptive denial"
after all the "pallin around with terrorists" cry wolf crap I'm not going to go flying off the handle. If he was Obama's buddy wouldn't he be protected.....

·
Only Half Human
533 Posts
after all the "pallin around with terrorists" cry wolf crap I'm not going to go flying off the handle. If he was Obama's buddy wouldn't he be protected.....
Are you kidding? Nobody is safe. They will through anybody who gets out of line under the bus.

Obama is not a powerbroker. He is just another manufactured figurehead.

If he got out of line it would be him under the bus just as easily.

·
Registered
118 Posts
do you think that this will wake up any of the sheeple out there?, at least in IL. even if it wakes up one i would be surprised really.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not until January.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts