Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you do with your guns if you were in an evacuation zone, a catagory 3-4 hurricane was coming toward you and your governor passed a declaration of state emergancy making it illegal to take any guns out of your own house. Do you evacuate without protection or stay put with your guns and risk flooding, wind and destruction?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2582386/posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
What would you do with your guns if you were in an evacuation zone, a catagory 3-4 hurricane was coming toward you and your governor passed a declaration of state emergancy making it illegal to take any guns out of your own house. Do you evacuate without protection or stay put with your guns and risk flooding, wind and destruction?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2582386/posts
Neither I put my Glock under my seat and head out.

·
Have gun,will travel
4,538 Posts
Wow...If I was a resident of N. Carolina I'd be selling my home and moving...

Reactions: Texas Patriot

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
Please forgive any typos.. I slit my throat, and am bleeding out.

It is the end....

Seriously though, Bev Perdue can't take away a right God Gave me. Jesus told me to carry two swords, and that lego faced Democrat can't take that away.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Just so we're all crystal clear, the Governor didn't specifically suspend the 2nd amendment. He declared a state of emergency. That seems reasonable, given the storm coming.

What's ****ed up is that apparently the idiots in North Carolina decided at some point a while ago, that during a state of emergency, you can't take guns out of your house.

Idiot Democrats killed two bills to remove that dumb rule.

So the Governor did what he had to do, given the fact that a hurricane is headed toward his state. It's just unfortunate that there's this stupid side-effect of that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
A cat 3 or 4? Board up home with stockpile of my preps, easily hunker down until the storm passes. See if anyone needed help, and clear debris from the roads.
A cat 5? I would probably evac armed.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I can't imagine everyone following that order. What are they going to do, throw everyone in jail in the evacuation area?

I suppose they don't want people shooting each other when the frustrations rise. But knowing that you wouldn't follow that mandate, we can safely assume others won't either. If it comes to the leader of the pack scenario, I suppose that those who defied the order would win, that is if they didn't get arrested.

Nothing like a natural disaster to strip away more of your rights...

·
Registered
70 Posts
hi all
in the UK we lost our gun rights years ago if we evne had any. but if were lucky enough to live i a semi free country like yours.

and i did say semi free, as your constition, which gives you such hard won freedom, seems to a outside looking inwards to be slowly being removed by the very sort of people who it was aimed at stopping gaining power.

no surely if you have a 2nd ammendmant which is the right to bear arms then nobody should be able to remove that right anywhere on US soil no matter what they think or want to belive or try to impoes on you and i would have thought that no court in the land would be able to punish a person for bearing arms, no matter what a tin pot local or national politcian may say even if he is your president.

and if they are then surely they are acting in a unconstitional manner, which if you the people let them behave in this manner, then you will surely lose your freedom. and i will go so far as to say it is your own fault that this will more than likely happen to you, some time soon.

in the UK we have allowed the growth of full time professional politians and this has turned the country in to a total train wreck, and yes most people now admit that we can not blame these people we allowed to run things for us but we must admit it was our own fault, and now we are starting down the long road to remove these professoianl people we allowed to wreck our country, and the point i'm trying to make is you as normal everday people must give/sacrifice your time to taking back control of you political systems.

this is the only way short of having to fight a 2nd civil war you can do it.

chunky

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
The constitution gives thought and credence to emergencies. Exactly why there is a second amendment in the first place. Looting of your rights and freedoms by politicians is no different than looting of your home after a storm.

It is unconstitutional for a state to countermand the second amendment under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, and that includes post-it note executive orders from globalist crash test dummies that have been put in office.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
hi all
in the UK we lost our gun rights years ago if we evne had any. but if were lucky enough to live i a semi free country like yours.

and i did say semi free, as your constition, which gives you such hard won freedom, seems to a outside looking inwards to be slowly being removed by the very sort of people who it was aimed at stopping gaining power.

no surely if you have a 2nd ammendmant which is the right to bear arms then nobody should be able to remove that right anywhere on US soil no matter what they think or want to belive or try to impoes on you and i would have thought that no court in the land would be able to punish a person for bearing arms, no matter what a tin pot local or national politcian may say even if he is your president.

and if they are then surely they are acting in a unconstitional manner, which if you the people let them behave in this manner, then you will surely lose your freedom. and i will go so far as to say it is your own fault that this will more than likely happen to you, some time soon.

in the UK we have allowed the growth of full time professional politians and this has turned the country in to a total train wreck, and yes most people now admit that we can not blame these people we allowed to run things for us but we must admit it was our own fault, and now we are starting down the long road to remove these professoianl people we allowed to wreck our country, and the point i'm trying to make is you as normal everday people must give/sacrifice your time to taking back control of you political systems.

chunky
Thanks Chunky for reminding us what we all know and reaffirming that we aren't all crazy as the media would like to label us for thinking that the Constitution and the 2nd amendment is something to be proud of and honored by us and the LEFT

·
grease monkey
2,084 Posts
hi all

Pretty scary when people from other countries notice our rights being stripped from us. We are going to come to a point real soon, where something is gonna have to give. There are a lot of people that are really ****ed off, and their numbers are growing. They are slowly oppressing us a little more each day. Hell I even heard talk of passing laws against "hate speech". So forums like this could end up being illegal. We are becoming slaves.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
hi all

chunky
Very well said, Kingfish

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Who is going to be out enforcing this "mandate"?

Here in east Texas, we have been hit by 2 hurricanes in the last 5 years, and in both, all my family just hunkered down and rode them out. I have no faith that the local LE could or would protect my property, and therefore, I will never leave home without my guns no matter what the emergency.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
What would you do with your guns if you were in an evacuation zone, a catagory 3-4 hurricane was coming toward you and your governor passed a declaration of state emergancy making it illegal to take any guns out of your own house.
You get what you vote for. The people of that sate voted that governor into office, they got exactly what they voted for.

What would I do? I would still take my firearms.

After that, its time to remove Bev Perdue from office.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts