Survivalist Forum banner

gotta get BEASTY

3K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  syrian 
#1 ·
i dont know if the uh...older.....people on here know what "beasty" means, but i means like super strong. im 16, 6'1.5, 175lb's, great athalete, i can play 4 quarters of football starting offense, defense, and every other special team. but the problem is that in 4 years i want to go for the marines or some kind of special forces, idk why but i feel obligated to serve, and i know im not even close to being strong enough for them. i can do ALOT of curls with my 25lb weights, i dont even count anymore, i can do about 30 push ups in a row then take a quick break and do em again. but i know that isn't even sloce to what i need for the marines. so what do i do?

#2 ·
The military PT tests are based more on endurance than speed. You got a good start with the push ups. Next, work on 50+ situps and then run 2 miles in 16 minutes or less. The marines trade the sit-ups for pull-ups I think.

When I was in the Army, my best 2 mile run time was 14 minutes.

#3 ·
Really, dude? You do not need to be in shape to get in. You will easily be able to get into any branch by virtue of just your strength and stamina. You should be far more worried about your grades.

The smarter you are, the more choices of jobs you will have upon entering the services. You will take an test when you enter to determine you intelligence and you ability to learn, the lower your score, the more likely you are to have one or two choices. With higher scores, your options will open up. Keep up your skills, but all of your focus should be on your grades.

#5 ·
Do alot of running, Cross country team would be good in high school, Don't worry about being bulked up. Check with a recruiter explain what you want and he'll give you some info. Work on the muscle between your ears so when you take the ASVAB test you'll shine.http://www.military.com/ASVAB
And of course work out with Push ups, Pull ups, and stretches, Take a Martial arts class also.

SMM123 is 100% right My son had score high on his, So he could get the job he wanted when he enlisted.

This post has been deleted
#9 ·
It is taken care of, continue on people :)

On topic, I was 150 pounds soaking wet when I joined the Army, I lost, gained and lost, then evened out about 10 pound heavier than previous. I will tell you from experience that brains rule this mans Army, brawn matters, but your brain is what is needed. They pay pretty well, figuring in the bonus and the fact that they will pay for near everything.

Pay attention in school, take after hours classes, community programs that relate to a job in the military help also. Might want to talk to a recruiter to get the fitness package for recruits, what it says in there you will do double of, so start now.

#10 ·
I weighed 140 lbs when I went into basic. Endurance is much more important than strength. My PT scores at the end were 75 situps, 80 pushups, and a 2 mile run at 13:23. I only gained 5 lbs in basic, I'm still about 145, 5 years later. I had my genius battle buddy drop his loaded ruck onto my left foot, didn't have a problem until 5 miles from our company HQ on our march back from FTX. Two of the metatarsals(flat bones on the top of your foot) cracked in half. I finished the march ahead of 3/4ths of my company. I got a month of con leave to heal up, and missed my basic training graduation. I sat at home and drank beer and played videogames while I recovered.

I scored a 95 on the ASVAB, and basically had any choice of job, so studying and paying attention matters.

#11 ·
If you're planning on joining the Corps, the PFT consists of; 3 mile run (18 mins being perfect) max sit ups in 2 minutes I believe (100 being perfect) and a max set of pull ups/chin ups to a dead hang (20 being perfect) it is out of 300, so each is worth 100 points, and I believe extra pull ups warrant extra points, many spec forces type jobs require a 275+ and an excellent swimming score. I am in the delayed entry program for the USMC right now and scored a 77 on my ASVAP which qualifies me for any job. Someone posted the link to the military.com portion where you can take practice ones, I advise it. Good luck man, you are young so you have more time to work on those goals, bust your butt and good things will happen.

#16 ·
That P90X workout is alright, however it wouldnt rely on it as is. I 'obtained the program through my own means'. However you want to read that is up to you.

It works well because it trains different types of muscles, and keeps them confused, so you most likely wont plateau. I took what i wanted from it, and although im only about 130lbs, i can do more pushups, pullups, situps, etc then most people i know.
The various style of pushups are great to work fast-twitch and slow-twitch muscles. The pushups and ab workout are the best part of that program. It also comes with yoga and stretching which i never bothered with but is still very useful. Everything starts in the kitchen. what you put in your body has a direct relation to how you look. My version didnt have a diet plan, but if you get the package 'properly' then it comes with one. I would recommend the P90X, but also look elsewhere.
Hope this helps. :D:

#21 ·
I'd recommend indurance and CORE training. Bicycle, running, an inversion table for sit ups. And KETTLE BELL training (No sh-t , look into it) . They will build overall muscle and more important core strength.
Good luck.

And Thanks for wanting to serve. :thumb:

#26 ·
cool,im sixteen too and im really into working out my whole body.right now i do all the upper body with a 40 pound dumbell,then the legs and such in the gym.im really big but i need to lose some weight to look good im 175 right now.
i would like to join the army but it will be weird because my family doesent want me too.:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.