Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PUT YOUR CAR KEYS BESIDE YOUR BED AT NIGHT

Tell your spouse, your children, your neighbors, your parents your Dr's office, the check-out girl at the market, everyone you run across.

Put your car keys beside your bed at night. If you hear a noise outside your home or someone trying to get in your house, just press the panic button for your car. The alarm will be set off, and the horn will continue to sound until either you turn it off or the car battery dies.

This tip came from a neighborhood watch coordinator. Next time you come home for the night and you start to put your keys away, think of this:

It's a security alarm system that you probably already have and requires no installation. Test it. It will go off from most everywhere inside your house and will keep honking until your battery runs down or until you reset it with the button on the key fob chain. It works if you park in your driveway or garage If your car alarm goes off when someone is trying to break into your house, odds are the burglar rapist won't stick around... After a few seconds all the neighbors will be looking out their windows to see who is out there and sure enough the criminal won't want that. And remember to carry your keys while walking to your car in a parking lot. The alarm can work the same way there ..... This is something that should really be shared with everyone. Maybe it could save a life or a sexual abuse crime.

·
TrailBlazer
734 Posts
Hey thats a great idea, too bad my truck dosnt have an alarm.... Guess the pump action 12 guage will have to deter anyone.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Great advice, Gunner! And not just for the use of the alarm. I can't count the number of times I've run late for work or some event because I couldn't find my car keys (doubt I'm alone here). In a crisis, this could be more than embarrasing.

BTW - I think I'll keep this one to myself in my neck of the woods. I don't think I need all my neighbors hitting the panic button every time they hear a noise at night!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
My gun is beside me at night. Why use the car alarm when a .45 has much greater presence when "sounded off"?

Cool idea though-if you live in England.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Not a bad idea keeping the keys (or the extra set) next to my 1911 beside the bed.

·
Registered
377 Posts
This time of year my truck and van can't make it close enough to my house. They're in the garage at the top of the drive close to a mile away. Too bad my snowmobile doesn't have an alarm.

It is a good idea though for those who it works for.

blt

·
Registered
76 Posts
excellent advice, thanks.

I don't have a car alarm, but 2 weeks ago when someone tried to break into hubby's truck, my pitbull was racing out the house through the doggy door, and over the fence. She didn't even have to bark, just one look at this fanged creature jumping the 4 foot fence had them running.

·
Registered
528 Posts
That's a great idea, thanks for sharing.

I did read an entry on an American website last week it was on a porch of a house amd it said something like,

I don't call 911, I call on 357

It made me smile. Good on them.

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone... I thought even if you haev a pistol or a shotgun, still this would help. It would get the people living around you awake and maybe calling the police while you "Take Care of business" if you know what I mean...

·
Here's a man who stood up
640 Posts
I keep my keys on the nightstand already, along with a mini flashlight, pocket knife, wallet and cell phone. In the drawer I have a loaded .357. Next to the bed I have a pair of sturdy shoes. A pair of jeans and a shirt are within reach as well.

This should be standard OP for everyone, particularly those folks who live in earthquake country!

·
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good Idea... Thanks for posting that

1 - 16 of 16 Posts