Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One down 5 to go this cow horn came in about 8am this morning something spooked him and he ran right under my stand and stopped I waited to see if a bigger buck was coming and saw nothing then this buck bedded down 25 yards from my stand so I stuck him with the rage spine shot alittle far back but he got up and was only able to make it 10 feet from where i hit him. Good eating! Look at the size of the hole the rage broad head left in this deer I wish they all dropped this quick!

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey timber runner how long is the deer season in Oregon? It must start early if its already over.

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
Thanks for the pics/story 300WSM, that is a hole indeed! Which exact rage head was it and is it expandable? How were the blades after use? Just 10 meters, that seems a humane kill to me. Thanks again and good eating :thumb:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
arrexian they were the rage 2 blade expandable 100 grain 2.0" cutting diameter. One blade broke off it was not a pass through I have to admit it was a lucky shot as I have never hunted from a stand that high off the ground before and that angle had me short hit him farther back than I aimed. My partner killed a 8 point at dusk lastnight basket rack but a good size deer. The temperture is dropping here in North Carolina and the deer are moving we are going to put out some more corn and lock on stands today. Happy hunting!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The broad head hit this deer in the spine just above the hip joint when he got up he was dragging both rear legs and went about 10 feet and layed belly down this is the first near drop dead bow kill I have had I like the double lung shot if possible because they don't usually go over 50 yards if you don't push em. I still stayed in the stand 45 mins hoping that a bigger deer may have been in the area, I was in a fixed stand 35 feet in the air with screw in pegs not my ideal stand but a hunting partner of mine likes to get high off the ground and because of my work I was the only member who had not taken a deer this season so he put me in his choice spot. I have three days off muzzle loadiing week and the week of christmas off so I hope I can fill my tag.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Congratulations, that long horned spike needed to be culled anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts