Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not much paper in there, simply instructions that I had to do it online.

Seriously?

Yep, warning it's illegal and there's a fine for non compliance.

Are they going to send the criminals and vagrants they hire as census takers out wearing N95 masks?

I'm in Washington State, they better get to doing the census fast, before we all get sick.

Hell, I wonder how many of those Californian transplants decided to run as we close down things here in the Hotzone.

·
Combat marxism Now!
8,308 Posts
Using "Ancestry dot com" and "Geni", my family has been able to pull up old census records. I know my family history very well, and I know what my predecessors did for a living. Yet every one that I could find put down "organ grinder" as their occupation :) . Who am I to go against my family tradition?

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
I haven't been home in a while so I don't know if I got any census notification. But I will say if I answer on line and they don't like my responses ... of lack there of... I won't talk to a census worker face-to-face, especially now.

We are heading home after cutting our trip short due to a risk assessment we finally made and I think it's a wise choice. Once home, we will be isolated and people coming to the door will not be happy.

Not saying I'm all that worried yet about the CV but decided to be prudent.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts

Seriously?

Are they going to send the criminals and vagrants they hire as census takers out wearing N95 masks?

I'm in Washington State, they better get to doing the census fast, before we all get sick.

Hell, I wonder how many of those Californian transplants decided to run as we close down things here in the Hotzone.

I wonder who's going to go tent to tent in California, Washington, and Arizona? Or are they planning on arresting all of those vagrants for "non-compliance?"

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,834 Posts
Yep, got mine this morning too. Online, you are assigned a Census ID number that is in the letter.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,834 Posts
Using "Ancestry dot com" and "Geni", my family has been able to pull up old census records. I know my family history very well, and I know what my predecessors did for a living. Yet every one that I could find put down "organ grinder" as their occupation :) . Who am I to go against my family tradition?
I've been an Ancestry dot com member for 12 years now. Yes, those census records are neat. But some of my early family members that I know lived in a certain area did not put themselves on the census. Then some who did lied about where they were born, their age, their first name and then you have census workers who couldn't spell and some I don't even think they actually went to the house with some of the stuff they put on census'.

·
Combat marxism Now!
8,308 Posts
some of my early family members that I know lived in a certain area did not put themselves on the census. Then some who did lied about where they were born, their age, their first name....
Hahaha our ancestors may have been friends :D:

I'm 100% certain my ancestors did this as a joke.

Both of us need to follow tradition :D::D::D::D:

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Mine came today. I haven't decided whether to mail it or do it on-line. I am leaning toward mail as I won't have to do it all at once, I can do a bit at a time during commercials. It seems smaller this time, I almost missed it.

edit: Simpler than I thought. Since I am the only one in household, only page 1 and 2 to complete so it's a done deal ready to mail.

·
Mod Certified PITA!
12,092 Posts
Got mine, went on line, filled it out in like five minutes, sent it in. Compared to census forms in the past, this was nothing.

I've been an Ancestry dot com member for 12 years now. Yes, those census records are neat. But some of my early family members that I know lived in a certain area did not put themselves on the census. Then some who did lied about where they were born, their age, their first name and then you have census workers who couldn't spell and some I don't even think they actually went to the house with some of the stuff they put on census'.
Me too on Ancestry, and boy howdy, yes, some of those census workers should have been flogged. They couldn't spell, they couldn't write legibly, they didn't write down addresses or jumped around, it's clear these were political appointments or friends of whoever was taking the census in the area he hired without regard to qualification. It makes tracing your family history harder than it has to be.

·
Banned
514 Posts
I got mine today, along with a new alternator for my truck. Put the census thing on top of my truck and ran some errands on my bike. While I was gone it rained and the form turned into mush.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts

Seriously?

A few years back - I had been tossing that census garbage in the trash. More would come and it would get tossed in the trash. Then they started coming by in person and leaving business cards stuck in the door (which went in the trash).

Was out back feeding the chickens one day and the Dobermans were more or less just playing in the yard. Had just finished feeding the birds when I heard both the girls getting really ugly with something up front. Could not see from where I was at but they sounded pretty ticked off and were loud about it.

When I got up front they had the poor census lady pinned up against the side of the house scaring the holy living crap out of her.

She was actually a good looking little honey so I told the girls to shut up (and they did). :)

Apparently they wigged her out pretty good as she blew through the goofy questions on her notebook in no time at all and then got the heck out of dodge as fast as she could. Absolutely NO questions at all about any of the obviously bogus info she got out of me. I think I told her the annual household income was something like a thousand bucks per year... No problem! Next question...

Screw them and their questions. MY business is none of their business.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I got mine today, along with a new alternator for my truck. Put the census thing on top of my truck and ran some errands on my bike. While I was gone it rained and the form turned into mush.
Pretty sure it is like a thousand dollar fine for destroying gov property like that. :thumb:

·
prepared for life & death
2,467 Posts
Got mine yesterday. Filled it all out. Im ashamed to admit I had to put white under race and since my exact ancestry is unknown I wrote American. And did so for all in my household:D:

1 - 20 of 107 Posts