Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had dropped my pocket knife the other day and thought I had lost it. Turned out my manager found it and stuck it in his desk. I was glad to hear him say he had found it since I really didn't want to drop another $75 on a SOG flash II.

Then I got the warning. "Company policy says no weapons on the premises". So I hold up my 2 pound metal clip board and say "I could just as easily beat someone to death with this thing".

I must admit that not being able to carry so much as a pocket knife is really getting under my skin, especially when you consider that I usually end up spending my day nearly 2 hours from home.

·
CHEERS :p
1,946 Posts
my company has a similar policy but many folks dont abide by it, although I work in a office environment I like to know its there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had dropped my pocket knife the other day and thought I had lost it. Turned out my manager found it and stuck it in his desk. I was glad to hear him say he had found it since I really didn't want to drop another $75 on a SOG flash II.

Then I got the warning. "Company policy says no weapons on the premises". So I hold up my 2 pound metal clip board and say "I could just as easily beat someone to death with this thing".

I must admit that not being able to carry so much as a pocket knife is really getting under my skin, especially when you consider that I usually end up spending my day nearly 2 hours from home.
I'd ask what EXACTLY is considered a weapon according to your company's policy. I went through a similar thing in the past with a company and when I pressed the issue and made the HR department look it up knives weren't even listed. It turns out the policy was written exclusively about firearms on company property. (Of course, if you push the issue, be prepared, that HR rep was out to fry my butt until I left the company)

·
Registered
207 Posts
WOW good thing I work in a place that you need a knife. I have 3 or 4 on me at work. That and my boss thinks im carzy cus my 30-30 sits in my truck less then 15 feet from me all day. I tell him that one day it may just save his life. He just smiles and says get back to work!

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
The SOG Flash II has a pocket clip. You are probably wearing it with the clip exposed, trucker style. That's probably why it fell off. That also probably why you were warned. Good answer to boss is, "You are right, I'll keep it in my pocket so no one sees it and it won't fall off when I sit". Think grey.

·
Behind Enemy Lines
776 Posts
Thats pretty bad.

A pocket knife isnt that big. Maybe if you had a machete clinged to your leg, that'd be one thing. But a pocket knife? I'm sure half the people there have one.

·
Destroyer of Ignorance
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The SOG Flash II has a pocket clip. You are probably wearing it with the clip exposed, trucker style. That's probably why it fell off. That also probably why you were warned. Good answer to boss is, "You are right, I'll keep it in my pocket so no one sees it and it won't fall off when I sit". Think grey.
Yup, that's exactly what happened. BTW, the boss didn't want to hear that I'd have it at all, in pocket or not. When he told me "no weapons" I joked with him and said "I know, that's why I leave my 45 at home". H ewasn't all that amused. I guess having a boss from New Jersey is going to be an adventure. Funny thing, he considers himself a Conservative, LOL.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got in trouble for a mini Swiss army. I was using the little scissors on my shirt and I was told that it wasn't allowed on premises. I can understand knives big enough to do something with, but I'd have better luck with a wiffle bat almost than trying to "hurt" someone with that tiny thing.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
my company has a similar policy but many folks dont abide by it, although I work in a office environment I like to know its there.
Yup , just like gun laws , only the LAW ABIDING ABIDE while the criminals dont care . The sheep say "OK" and die like lemmings .

Learn to take care of yourself , the police are nothing but historians . Your on your own , live or die its your choice .

Reactions: NAUTHIZ

·
Looking upward
211 Posts
Carry a screw driver around in your pocket. That's just a tool, then when you need to, it becomes a weapon. See what he says about that. hell sharpen it too!

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Yup, that's exactly what happened. BTW, the boss didn't want to hear that I'd have it at all, in pocket or not. When he told me "no weapons" I joked with him and said "I know, that's why I leave my 45 at home". H ewasn't all that amused. I guess having a boss from New Jersey is going to be an adventure. Funny thing, he considers himself a Conservative, LOL.
Ask me how I know.........
And on a subway! Don't wish to redo that scene.

·
tinfoil bandana
1,164 Posts
I know it's a movie, but...
In 'Shoot em up' Clive Owen kills a man with a carrot......

A weapon is a device that can be used offensively or defensively to cause harm to another being.

I have a tiny knife (1 1/4" blade) that I carry at all times. Just how thick is an abdominal wall anyway?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts